X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill Country Rallye

How many here are going to the HCR this year?

I'll be there,,,

Comment

See you there Ed

Comment

I'll be there David.

Comment

this event has been on the list - i need to make it happen

Comment

I had to cancel. My 911 got rear ended by a distracted driver, who, I'm told will be attending HCR in a replacement vehicle to the one that got wrecked when mine was totaled....still disputing with insurance 2 1/2 months later.....still in a lot of pain and grief. I'm gonna miss a lot of the folks. have a great time and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Blucille View Post
              I had to cancel. My 911 got rear ended by a distracted driver, who, I'm told will be attending HCR in a replacement vehicle to the one that got wrecked when mine was totaled....still disputing with insurance 2 1/2 months later.....still in a lot of pain and grief. I'm gonna miss a lot of the folks. have a great time and be safe.
              You cancel your reservation yet? You need to borrow a car?

Comment

• Blucille
                Blucille
                Patina Hunter
                Blucille commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, John....I did cancel. I'm so disturbed by this whole process, I need to take a break. In a lot of ways. I'm gonna miss visiting with a lot of friends, but I've got a bunch of healing to do before I can consider riding or driving along in another one of these organized events.

I wish you the best, took me a year to collect from Hagerty after a brake line failed causing a fire.

Comment

All of a sudden I’m realizing how screwed up hagerty is. My insurance is Chubb. They’ve been reasonable.

word to the wise. Or anyone listening.

agreed value is a lovely concept. Keep in mind tho, this is the whole number. Make it a big number when you select the value. It might include the costs you will incur when shopping for a car. Flights. Ppi’s. Hotel stays. Whatever. It used to be, there were lots of good cars to buy. These days you are either bidding against the world on BAT or searching thru a bunch of turds to find the one that checks the boxes. So plan on a lot of time and likely some travel to find the car. That’s time off from work. And all the other challenges.

Comment

I will be there again David. I'll be bringing the rat that I took last year (the Rennrat) and my wife Leigh will be driving our Mexico blue '74 that you've seen. (no kids this year)

Comment

• flatsixer
                    flatsixer
                    aka rstarga
                    flatsixer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great to catch up, I am bringing my grand daughter again who seems to have more interest every year.

My experience with Hagerty has so far been very good. Last September while on R-Gruppe trip in West Virginia a deer committed suicide against my 67 S. So far they have already paid for the body work/ parts. The body shop has to submit a supplement for parts he forgot, but don't anticipate any problems there.

Comment

Ed,
                    Maybe my problems were just timing. Hagerty is just a broker, the actual policy owner on mine was from Ohio. We waited for a month for the first adjuster to approve work to begin. Then once apart another month for another to approve moving forward. Jones finished work and we waited another 5 months for payment on last supplemental.
                    Lots of calls, phone tag, triangulation with different sub contracted adjusters.
                    Hagerty was always courteous, but the way the system works is very bureaucratic. Years ago I had Chubb and they were very good and prompt, but they are a real insurance company and have employees, (or had back then). Maybe they all work the same now using subs for everything.
                    Glad you were not hurt hitting a deer, they tend to fly through windshields.

Any way looking forward to HCR 2023!

Comment

Moving this thread back to the original topic, I’d like to hear more about the Hill Country Rallye, of which I’d never heard until this thread. I’ve never explored that part of Texas. I see that registration is closed, and I’m temporarily out-of-commission anyway after a catastrophic ski accident six weeks ago, so this is just idle curiosity speaking. Reading the HCR website, I infer there have been some heavy-handed drive leaders in days of yore (can anybody here spell ‘PCA’?). What is the event like given lack of specific routes and agenda; what does registration buy you beyond the banquet, camaraderie, and a few souvenirs? EDIT: And what kind of yahoo-race-driver-wannabe rear-ends somebody on a classic car cruise? Jeez.
                      Last edited by raspritz; 02-20-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

This started as a small group and has grown enormously. Still lots of fun to see some incredible air cooled Porsches and see lots of interesting Porschefiles.
                        The drives started as one, then split up into quick group, cruising group and tourist group, until they just became too large. We now get a booklet with many suggested routes depending on what one enjoys. You can go alone or with friends. The roads in the Hill Country are scenic and go from very twisty to slightly curvy. March is a perfect time, as not too hot or too cold.
                        Drivers come from all over, so a varied group and just about every kind of old Porsche you can imagine. Whats fun is everybody drives their cars, no matter how costly.
                        I think the event is now capped at 350 participants.

Comment

What he said^. But yeah, beautiful cars taking risks of “gasp” getting dirty or heaven forbid a rock chip.

The official drive leaders were always great but as David said it has become too big for such a thing.

It reminds me of what PCA was like for me back in the 80s-90s

Comment

Working...
                          X