X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• porsche factory worksop manuals

I'm new to porsche. I have a 1970 911T, I was looking at factory shop manuals. I have a few questions. Are the service manual and workshop manual just different terms for the same thing? For 70, I see a 2 volume one. For later years I see a 4 volume that says "72 on" what years is that good for and it always seem to say volume 3,4,5,6 where is 1 and 2 ? Then for later years I see 8 volume editions. They are pricey, but if they are worth while I'll look for one. any help, thanks

You need Volume I and II - I got my set from ebay- in almost new condition - be ready for $$$ shock.
    But well worth it - every detail every dimension everything you would need is there.

You don't need any other volumes for your car. I can post a picture later.

Comment

Here is the picture
      Attached Files

Comment

Invaluable. If you're actually going to use them, you can save some $$ by waiting for a well-used set to come up for sale. A little real-mechanic dirt on your manuals is probably good luck anyway.

Comment

A good price for each is $250 ($500 for set of Vol. I/II)

but you will see some asking double on ebay.

I was patient and able to snag at a good price. I am amazed at the details it has and large diagrams even chassis dimensions and clearances.

Comment

I'll look for volume 1 and 2. So, volume 1 and 2 cover what years and any volume 1 and 2 is good for me, some ebay adds say for 69 or 70-71. also the 72 and on year volumes 3,4,5,6 what year are those good for and is the reason they start at 3 is because the early ones are the 1 and 2 and it ends up being a big continuos set? Seems remedial but just trying to get the big picture. Thanks a lot for the info!

Comment

There's lots more useful information out there. At the least, unless you enjoy searching around for fiddly information, I'd also recommend getting the Technical Specifications booklet that covers your year/model. Click image for larger version  Name:	Workshop manuals.jpg Views:	0 Size:	193.9 KB ID:	10044
              Last edited by raspritz; 03-09-2023, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I got the workshop vol 1 and 2 today. I definitely would like a parts manual just to see what’s missing as I’m taking things apart

Comment

Originally posted by brokinbo View Post
                  Thanks. I got the workshop vol 1 and 2 today. I definitely would like a parts manual just to see what’s missing as I’m taking things apart
                  Do you have the pdf?

Comment

I bought a set off eBay. Hope it’s the right ones

Comment

Originally posted by brokinbo View Post
                      I bought a set off eBay. Hope it’s the right ones
                      Searchable pdf files available for free here:

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...artscatalogue/

Comment

That's perfect.! Have been getting bits and pieces of that through different sites. thanks.

Comment

Nothing like having the paper version of the parts manual though!

Comment

Working...
                          X