Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fuel tank fittings NOT fitting?

Hi all,

Trying to set up a new DANSK fuel tank for my 66 911. I cannot thread the FUEL LINE SCREEN fitting (901.201.023.06) or the FUEL TANK SCREW PLUG (900.219.001.30) into the two larger holes' (22mm). Are there different thread plugs/screen parts that have different threads than these at 22mm?

The tank's threads are not galled or damaged. I am able to thread in a spare 22mm drain plug from my oil tank by hand with no problems. The screen fitting, I have, appears to be the 10mm fuel line is the 8mm line fitting a different thread and or part number?

I reviewed an old thread showing part number 901.201.023.04 is this different than 06.
    Any assistance greatly appreciated. I have attached a couple photos of what I have.

Thanks

Joe D
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dexterpix; 03-10-2023, 07:42 AM.

There are two different filter socks, one is for 9 mm I.D. fuel hose and the other is for 7 mm I.D. fuel hose. The larger is the supply for engine fuel, the other is for fuel supply to a Webasto heater and goes in the right side tank hole. For a front pump I believe both use the 7 MM I.D.

Comment

Thank you Ed,

I ended up chasing the threads on the screen I have as it was not 22 x 1.5. Now it is and it fits.

Joe D

Comment

Interesting, just put a new screen on customer car, same problem you had,,,just had to chase threads with die. Didn't take much,,,just off a little, like maybe Chinese dies aren't as good as German ones! LOL Pretty much as expected now a days.

Comment

Working...
        X