X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoddard LED bulbs for TTG Driving lights

Just got an email from Stoddard and wondering if anyone has tried these LED blubs in their driving lights.

VIN-901-165-06 LED Fog / Driving Light Bulb for Hella 128 BA20S, Warm White, Excellent Light! (stoddard.com)

Are you running original Hella 128's with bulbs that have a BA20s base?
    soterik
    HTH....!
    Last edited by soterik; 08-03-2023, 10:11 PM.
    Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now....

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

Hey Eric, I am running your set up. Truthfully which bulbs you sent me.

Comment

The bulbs Stoddard has are for the old tungsten bulb setups... a BA20s base is simply a round base with two studs sticking out of it... pretty much the same type of thing that our turn signal bulbs use and look like. These were only offered on the Hella 128 original lamps up to late 1967, and then also on the USA 911 Fog and 914 USA fog lights, that didn't orignally have the halogen bulbs, I believe these versions of the "118" are called a TN4 or TN2 for aftermarket.

So, I haven't been happy yet with how H3 and H1 bulb offerings have worked for the Hella 128 and 118 halogen versions that I make. The 118 driving and fog lamps are very shallow, and the bulbs I've bought so far haven't worked as far as the depth when inserted.. they have been too long. For the 128, they haven't indexed the bulbs in such a way that the light offering is "better".

I've just ordered 3 sets of different H3 bulbs to see if the newest ones offered have become short enough to fit into the bulb holders, and then if they do whether they will throw enough directed light (not just scattered) and make a difference.

I'm now looking at new offerings for the H1 versions as well to see if there is anything new that has enough "light" and isn't scattered to make a difference in the 128. I'll buy a few sets of those as well.

I'll get back to the forum with my results!

Cheers,
        Eric
        soterik
        HTH....!
        Last edited by soterik; 08-05-2023, 10:13 AM.
        Ah, but I was so much older then
        I'm younger than that now....

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

ERIC, Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X