X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Stern - Professor or Automotive Lighting

Daniel Stern is a friend and a consultant to Audette Collection. Which is a remarkable thing for us given our specialty of air cooled Porsche lighting. I believe that Daniel might very well be more knowledgeable about automotive lighting than anyone else in the world. I am continually astounded by his depth and breath of knowledge. If you doubt this, please take a moment to peruse the following article that he just published at the Curbside Classic website:

Automotive History: When Front Turn Signals Changed Colour • Amber Waves of Pain

As you know, I have tremendous interest in automobile lighting, but I found this to be tough sledding. Let me know if you were able to finish it and I'll send you a drumstick.

Cheers,
    John
    jaudette3
    Really?
    Last edited by jaudette3; 05-11-2022, 09:54 PM. Reason: Corrected link
    John Audette
    www.911bestinclass.com

John, I loved him in City Slickers! What drew him toward automotive lighting?
    Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
    Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

This Daniel Stern might be too radical for Hollywood.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Daniel_Yellowbacka.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.3 KB ID:	1820
      John Audette
      www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Screamin Jay!

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
          This Daniel Stern might be too radical for Hollywood.

Click image for larger version Name:	Daniel_Yellowbacka.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.3 KB ID:	1820
          John, is that really him?

Comment

It really is. Here's a more conventional look:

Click image for larger version

Name:	stern 2.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1957
            John Audette
            www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

I've spoken with him on the phone a couple times. Never would have guessed. But then, people rarely guess that I'm a dead ringer for Mike Tyson.

Comment

Glad to see Daniel is providing support to John. When I swapped out my sugar scoops for H1s in 2011, I bought 55/100 Narva bulbs and a relay harness from Daniel. It's worked perfectly well ever since. This was before everybody had to have harnesses from Kroon but it ain't broke.

Comment

Working...
                X