Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight bucket and battery box mounting

Good afternoon,

We are currently working on the front end of the 911 and are trying to determine how the front fender is mounted to the battery box via the headlight bucket. On each original battery box, there are tabs welded to the sides near where the fender bolts (my body guy is pointing to them in the picture below). The new RD boxes do no come with these tabs. The driver fender also has a tab welded to the back of the bucket and the passenger side appeared to have something there once upon a time but has long since disappeared (rusted?). My question to you experts is what should the "correct" mounting be for these buckets/battery boxes. Thanks for your help.

-Sebastian
    Attached Files

Maybe this will help
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0923.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	2252 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0722.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	2253

Comment

One more,,, horns are custom mounting not correct
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0342.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	2255

Comment

I believe there is another L bracket that bolts to the bottom of the bucket. I'll get a picture tomorrow. The tab on the back of the left bucket is for the strap that holds the vapor collector.

Comment

The bracket is a U shaped single piece, that bolts to both the bucket and the bumper tab. The bolts on the battery box can be loosened to allow bracket vertical movement.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by edmayo View Post
            The bracket is a U shaped single piece, that bolts to both the bucket and the bumper tab. The bolts on the battery box can be loosened to allow bracket vertical movement.
            Thanks Ed, I was able to find the brackets at aase, and have them coming soon. Thanks for your help!

Comment

I believe the bumper bracket Aase is selling is a later version of the part. The original part is a ‘U’ shape and their part is ‘L’ shaped. The L-shape bracket does not provide a mounting point to the headlight bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by rgupta250 View Post
                I believe the bumper bracket Aase is selling is a later version of the part. The original part is a ‘U’ shape and their part is ‘L’ shaped. The L-shape bracket does not provide a mounting point to the headlight bucket.
                Here's what I ordered: https://www.aasesales.com/products/h3c-104035
                Do you happen to know the bolt size for the one that goes through the headlight bucket to that bracket?

Thanks,
                Sebastian

Comment

8,mm X 1.25

Comment

Working...
                  X