X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC reinstall

Going to take some pics as I go about reinstalling behr factory AC in my 71T originally delivered to Nevada. I thought it worked decent when got the car in 1992.
    As I did more track events with it I thought I could remove some weight and clutter .
    Another factor is that the Hot wire out of the accessory 2 fuse box was arcing intermittently .So out it went. I saved most of the parts and collected a few more.

Did not know initially that this was a part of system where air is drawn into the evaporator. It is also used (more commonly in euro cars ) for gas heater. This is showing underside with original felt and expanded metal grate that was epoxies underneath. Cover was also finished in wrinkle paint.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220521_195522.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.1 KB ID:	2654 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220522_120600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.9 KB ID:	2656
    Attached Files
    ADMIN
    Administrator
    Last edited by ADMIN; 05-23-2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220522_115806.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	2658 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220522_120512.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	2659 hardware cloth is what this stuff is called. This is a slightly smaller mesh than the OG. I will probably find the original piece once I clean my garage. This is the other inlet for the evaporator box in the passenger footwell providing air to pass over the evaporator and out of the plastic manifold of the under dash unit.

Comment

Vacuum out your evaporator before you put the grill on

Comment

Subscribed!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillman View Post
            Subscribed!
            Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

Me too!
              Me three!

Comment

Got my box from griffiths . The 3b kit that includes compressor dryer and hoses. I have the front and rear condensers already that passed a backyard pressure test. And 2 spare evaporators with expansion valves. I have decided to use the 134 for cost and convenience.
                I was happy with the previous performance of my AC in the 90s.
                I actually was frustrated with it only due to an electrical contact issue in the aux. fuse box which I will revisit next.
                I have decided NOT to use the rear fender condenser upgrade or the evaporator upgrade at this time that griffiths offers. We will see,If I were in AZ ,Nevada Tx or Fla. I would have for sure.

Comment

Griffiths box
                  Attached Files

Comment

I had already installed the interior duct and evaporator in the smugglers box
                    Attached Files

Comment

Read over the instructions for install . I will probably do the install of hoses all in one shot as opposed to piecemeal as I install components.
                      first I want to tackle the electrical connection at the fusebox.

Another hurdle is the air cleaners on my PMO carbs of the spare engine(installed currently).
                      I have a couple sets of good compressor mounts but the lid mounted condenser is the challenge with the PMO setup.
                      I still have a left handed AC snorkel for the other engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X