X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '67 Window trim

Could a '67 come with either aluminum window trim with no vent wings (doors and rear quarter windows) or chrome trim with vent windows? Was it a factory option either way or what is the deal with that? Looking at a '67 that seems to have incorrect '68 doors, but aluminum rear quarter windows so its kind of a mish mash but I didnt know what should be correct for it.

My understanding is that chrome plated brass was used for all side window frames (door and rear quarter) up to and including MY 67 with changes along the way. Change to aluminum was made for MY 68 -
    Don't believe aluminum was option prior to 68 (except for maybe the R model)

Comment

Agree with John.

I've had quite a few 67s and have noted a few early 68 holdover items from discussions with early 68 owner cars, but those have all been small trim details like rocker deco (67S deco on early 68L/S), rear view mirror (screw on mirror vs breakaway), sun visors, and window winders. So, nothing going backwards if you will like a late 67 having early changeover items for the 68 model year. Aluminum window frames not an option that I've ever seen.
      soterik
      HTH....!
      Last edited by soterik; 06-16-2022, 09:15 AM.
      Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
      autoforeign@gmail.com
      67S's......

Comment

Ok that is great info thank you guys.
        One thing that was also throwing me off is when doing a basic google search of '67 911's you will see about a 50/50 mix of alloy vs. chrome windows. At least thats what I'm seeing in the photos.
        Either way for this particular car the 68 doors that are with it do have the aluminum frames (and the aluminum quarter windows are installed in the car) but there are also a set of chrome quarters and door window frames with the vent wing sitting off to the side that could/would go with the car.

Comment

Working...
        X