X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear quarter windows not latching tightly

The rear quarter windows on my 66 aren't latching tightly. They're not terrible, but a little more tension would hold them closer to the body and help them lock more tightly. Is there an adjustment of which I'm unaware?

are your windows original with all components on it…
    -> # 18 is missing in some cars..

Attached Files
    erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Are the window seals original or old? Thr seal provides resistance when fresh...

Comment

Originally posted by haul View Post
        are your windows original with all components on it…
        -> # 18 is missing in some cars..
        I only became aware of this part recently and was surprised as, to my knowledge, none of my cars have these installed. Does anyone know if these were installed on all cars or only as-needed? I'm asuming they mount on top of the headliner so they're visible?

Photo for reference:

Click image for larger version  Name:	3563.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	5189

Comment

That’s the spacer under the latch between the triangle latch and the glass

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie24 View Post
            That’s the spacer under the latch between the triangle latch and the glass
            I don't understand? The triangle doesn't touch the glass. The triangle side of the latch is opposite the glass and attached with three screws that screw into the body.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
              Does anyone know if these were installed on all cars or only as-needed? I'm assuming they mount on top of the headliner so they're visible?
              I checked and I do NOT have this part on my car. I'd appreciate anyone's help in regard to the questions above asked by @JP.

Comment

the part #18 is a spacer and is underneath part number #14 when these two get bolted onto the chassis. it increases the distance, thus pulls the window more into the rubber and guarantees a tighter fit. when you closure is too loose, this is a remidy to get more tension again on the rear
                quarter window closure…
                erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Just verified that my car is missing this part as well and I can see how it would help. Anyone have a photo of one installed?

Comment

here's how I installed the spacer and latch. the black headliner definitely makes it stand out more.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	window-latch.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	5333

Comment

Thanks np for the photo. Very helpful. Never saw one of those before but ordering now and hopeful it will fix my problem.

Comment

Think there may be a rush on those parts not on nay of my cars either

Part 23 in the 72/73 parts book called seat for window lock

Comment

Working...
                      X