X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used JustDashes.com?

Wondering if anyone has had a dash done by JustDashes.com? I've been looking at the options out there but haven't been able to see a JustDashes restored dash in person.

Assuming you're asking about a LWB dash?

Comment

I had inquired with them for my 71 coupe dash but in the end decided to go with a local early Porsche interior shop in Southern California. They were more expensive, it would take longer and the repair process and materials would have strayed too far from originality.

RG

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
        Assuming you're asking about a LWB dash?
        Thanks. Yes, for a 1971 car.

Comment

Originally posted by Keller View Post

Thanks. Yes, for a 1971 car.
          Would that be the 1971 car that you haven't submitted to the Registry yet?

I'm actually going to take the opposite position of Ravi. I've had three dashes done by JD: a 914 dash, an '85 911 dash, and a LWB dash. I'm happy with all three.

The last one we had done was the LWB dash that we installed in a friends car just last weekend. Overall we were very pleased. Ravi is right that the vinyl texture isn't exactly spot on for an early car (it's a better match for the '85 dash) BUT JD is the only place that does thermo vacuum forming which means that your restored vinyl dash will not have a seam behind the cowl as is necessary for a standard vinyl re-wrap. So that's the trade-off - a better vinyl match with a seam, or a lesser correct vinyl but no seam. I prefer no seam but either option is probably better than the current repro offerings including that Porsche Classic dash that I can spot from across the street,

Comment

Any chance anyone has any photos?

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
              Would that be the 1971 car that you haven't submitted to the Registry yet?
              Oops! Yes. Sorry! On it!

Comment

Originally posted by Keller View Post
                Any chance anyone has any photos?
                I knew that was your next question. Let me see what I can do.

Comment

As I remember the downside of JD is the turn around, what is your experience with the wait time. I am on the Scott Longballa's schedule for a repaint next summer and a dash is one of many needs my car has.

Comment

Originally posted by 67SWT View Post
                    As I remember the downside of JD is the turn around, what is your experience with the wait time. I am on the Scott Longballa's schedule for a repaint next summer and a dash is one of many needs my car has.
                    We just sent them a one-year-only 1969 dash. I think it's something like 4 months right now. They used to have an expedited program you could pay for but no idea if they still do that.

Comment

I used JD for ‘72 armrest/door pulls. It took awhile but they came through exactly in the timeframe they said it would and they look great. It was a customer car so I will have to see if I have pictures.

Comment

Working...
                      X