X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Pressure for AVONS?

just got a set of 185/70/15 for the SWB 911 T/Rat. I'm sure some of y'all are running these.

I'm wondering what tire pressures are recommended. The person I spoke with at the shop I purchased them from was not much help.

Thanks in advance.

JZ

I run 35 psi.

Comment

Start there but sounds high to me for a light car. I'ld think 28/32 would feel better.

Comment

• JP
        JP
        aka LiveFromNY
        JP commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably right. My cars see so few miles that I tend to err on the high side to help prevent flat spots on my tires.

Thanks for the input.

I started out cold 28.5 and 31 yesterday which was lower than the rep at the tire company suggested. While the tires feel great, I have decided that it feels too high like pressure are too high. I’m going to try 3-4 lbs less and give it a go. …this is for spirited driving. I think they will feel better and more grippy with a little less air.

Comment

I would run the rears 2-3psi higher. Ambient temp also matters.

With less air more contact patch, they will wear quicker

Comment

This is an interesting conversation re: tire pressure and driving comfort/performance. I should look at this more closley. I bought a Meyer's Manx last year that was undriveable until I lowered the tire pressure to 14psi. I'm going to experiment with some of my 911's when I get back from Lit.

Comment

John, It matters a lot. Car can handle badly with too much tire pressure.

Comment

30-31 on cars and bikes....which is 2.1bar, when loaded 2.2 all around in summer..
              erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Working...
              X