X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE Ultimate Webasto P1018 Gas Heater Thread

since i will not restore webastos anymore i would like to share my knowledge in order to help others getting there gas heater fixed/restored correctly.
    i do not claim to know everything about those heaters so it may well be that some things i write here are incomplete or even incorrect.
    updates will follow whenever i`m in the mood/find time to do so.it probably will take month if not years.
    i will share everything but

in order to keep this thread "clean" i will not answer questions here

....and for now i will not answer questions via pm,mail,email,phone or mail. eighter...you can try to contact me via whatsapp,FB,Twitter,,Bitcoin,tinder etc....best of luck,i do not use that stuff.

lets get started

first of all you should know what exact version you have.....(there is a ID tag with a serial# riveted to every main unit),

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7228.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.8 KB ID:	1023

Click image for larger version  Name:	serial # finder.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	1017
    if your webasto carries a serial # in between the versions pictured above please let me know the version+serial# so i can narrow changeover down further

.....and what parts make a system complete .
    since the parts catalog is a bit confusing (it mixes parts/illustrations of different versions)i did my own illustrations for every version.
    V1
    Click image for larger version  Name:	webasto 64      ILLU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.6 KB ID:	1020

the first few ( and according to parts catalog 98)main/combustion units did have a different(taller)blower motor with a red steel cap (AEG embossed) basicly the same cap as all versions use for the vac.pump but a bit taller and with no drain hole.retaining shackle is of course also a bit longer.
    from those early versions i saw it appears that not all tools where yet finished so hand made/ preproduction parts where installed.
    wiring loom uses different colour code for a few cables.
    some cable connectors are different
    some bolts wrench size differs (from later versions) e.g 11mm (10mm)
    the snorkel that goes through the bulkhead is welded to the body whereas later cars have it bolted
    a pre-formed nylon tube(#29) ,exiting the smugglers box,feeds the carburator with fresh air

V2
    Click image for larger version  Name:	webasto 65       ILLU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	1026

​to be continued.......
    moito
    tu felix austria
    Last edited by moito; 05-02-2022, 10:25 AM.

Cannot wait. I'm here to learn.

Comment

Me too. I'm particularly interested in the later, LWB Webastos.

Comment

Of the many early 911 related subjects that deserve extra attention, this is up there. Curious about running changes to the system. Post away, moito!
        Sooner or later, someone else will own them all...

Comment

thanks, Frans, for doing this

Comment

Looking forward to the next update!

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
              Looking forward to the next update!
              He's working on the sombrero first....
              Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
              autoforeign@gmail.com
              67S's......

Comment

Working...
              X