• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVC Bank Failure

Any thoughts? Contagion risk?
    John Audette
    www.911bestinclass.com

I think it's going to add to the pressure on banks to increase their margins and charge customers higher interest rates. And I think we're a long way from the end, sadly. Who the !!@@!!?!! is running this country anyway?

Comment

I think it could be a lot more profound than that. The money supply growth rate is at historically low negatives which has always been an ominous precursor of things to come. There is at least a significant possibility that inflation could turn into deflation and I find it difficult to think through the ramifications of that. With the national debt of $30T or whatever it appears that the only way out is to inflate it away. But deflation? Trying to pay the interest with more expensive dollars? It seems more than weird that there is the possibility of deflation and hyper-inflation at the same time. It's a bit bewildering. The government doesn't know whether to shit or go blind.

The folks who have been buying small ranches and farms are looking smarter all the time.
      jaudette3
      Really?
      Last edited by jaudette3; 03-10-2023, 09:40 PM.
      John Audette
      www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post

The folks who have been buying small ranches and farms are looking smarter all the time.

I've never owned a bank stock, but maybe now's the time ?

BAC :

Click image for larger version

Name:	BAC.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	10086

Comment

One of the many cliches around when I worked as a stockbroker was "All bleeding stops eventually.".
          John Audette
          www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Second largest bank failure. However, they had concentration risk. Its not great when you don't diversify.

Comment

i dont no nuthing
              but the .5% interest rate and then 4% interest rate is a 700% rate of change.
              it is not unreasonable to perceive this as a bottle of nitroglycerine for those that play the leverage game.

Comment

Working...
              X