X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Clouds Gathering?

I probably spend too much time at YouTube with all it's click-bait sky is falling click bait headlines. But indicators that I found useful to heed during my stockbroker days many years ago are flashing red. Along with my spidey-sense. The government *never* tells us the truth so it's important to have your own tea leaves and mine are not good. What do you think?

----------

I actually spend most of my time on YT trying to learn more about AI / AGI. There are some quality folks in that field and some tell the truth. I believe this to be the greatest and most important development in human history - and the most dangerous (the more informed I become the more fatalistic I become). The breakneck rate of advancement (exponential) creates significant change on a weekly basis. Combine that with Moloch and the outlook is dark.

John
    John Audette
    www.911bestinclass.com

John, I agree with you re: the gov’t NOT telling us the truth and that ‘storm clouds’ are indeed brewing. As a lover of Jesus, I am not surprised as His word tells us to be aware and these times ARE coming. I am ‘trying’ not to be anxious, even though He tells us not to be. When ‘that’ day comes, it won’t matter how diversified one is, there is only ONE person to truly put your trust and hope in, and it isn’t in any mortal man.

Comment

• jaudette3
      jaudette3
      Really?
      jaudette3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am very, very grateful for my faith Doug. I can only imagine how rough the world would be without it.

Yes, indeed, there is a significant risc that the melting pot is about to overflow - more a question of when than if!
    Here an assay about the topic:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/04/o...al-crisis.html

Claudius
    68S_SK2
    2.0S Sportkit II
    Last edited by 68S_SK2; 05-16-2023, 01:44 AM.

Comment

well....what are the solutions, please?
      we are still in the "same same, but different" situation since the last downfall.
      greed is free of religious belief, so well, please, solutions for the next generations, as they might not be able to pay all this!

br from bavaria
      erwin_loves_polo

Comment

it is not government (except for those in government that suppoted the insurrection)
        It is the media ...
        they were able to convince half of the us citizens that the election was stolen.
        they were able to convince a large portion of citizens to not take appropriate action on covid (this must have really boosted their ego to see that thy could actually convince the public to do something that was so detrimental to their health and others
        The US fared worse that other nations in the battle with covid that other nations
        The media is not owned by liberals (you saw CNN allow trump to go on tv an lie his ass off unabated)
        it is owned by Billionaire's that only care about money and power
        So.... when you read or hear a story or the results of some poll, you are hearing pure propaganda.
        To assume ....., because of what you have heard that Americans want to go to war against itself is exactly what the billionares are trying to sell you..
        fear sells......... that is known for Millinia.
        If they can make you fearfully ........ they own you

Comment

Complex issues, but what the hell. I'll put on my simpleton hat. Ridiculously simple solutions for ridiculously complex problems...

Solution for the boom/bust economic cycle in the U.S.?
          Let a true capitalistic free market function instead of the oligarchical social capitalism managed for corporations and especially banks. Capitalism needs to be fettered (see greed), not subsidized. It will never happen of course with the government on the payroll.

Solution for cultural problems in the U.S.?
          Teach and respect values (see greed). Religious institutions provided values (10 Commandments is all you need) before being marginalized. Where are values entering the system now?

Cultural division and the rise of stupidity in America?
          A good education system.

AI/AGI existential threat?
          Assume the survival position and kiss your ass goodbye. There are many working on what is called "alignment" which is trying to imbue cultural values into the machines but it's too little and got started too late. You think the bad guys are a threat in the ways that they are currently using the internet? Just wait a few months when it will be impossible for us all to determine whether something is real or not.

Offered with a grain of salt. I've got my hands full building Cibie Bi-Iode headlights.

Cheers,
          John
          John Audette
          www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

"Solution for the boom/bust economic cycle in the U.S.?
            Let a true capitalistic free market function instead of the oligarchical social capitalism managed for corporations and especially banks. Capitalism needs to be fettered (see greed), not subsidized. It will never happen of course with the government on the payroll."
            Yes the federal reserve when they intrude on intrest rates creat big winners an a lot of losers.
            Not uncomon for a deep pocket financier to steel equity at pennies on the dollar. And the entity probably would have survived if not for for the fed intervention

Comment

Do you think that the idiots in Washington would actually default. I know there is a fair share of nihilists there but they would be killing the goose that lays their golden eggs. CDS's are saying there's a real chance.
              John Audette
              www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

the republicans know that they own the media.
                they have successfully got money and power from the gun lobby and blamed the children's brains being blown out at school on the democrats being light on crime...........
                they lie and spin and the general public believes what they are feed
                So , will they go too far this time?
                They are total losers and they have been taught by their commander in creep to do the crime and then just out run justice

Comment

well. congratulations republicans
                  for the second time in a few decades you have had the US credit rating degraded.

Comment

Working...
                  X