Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you have a recession with 3.8% unemployment?

Comment

nobody really knows what exactly to do
      because nobody can predict what might come up in the future
      did anyone know we would get our butts kicked by a virus?
      or, how about a proxy war with Russia?
      if you have paid attention, you would have noticed that we had got thru some pretty bad stuff
      guess how we did it........... we fed the beast....
      the brainiacs all said we would explode in some deserved inflationary fire ball
      what happened .... we prevailed and prospered.
      P.S.
      Ever happen to notice that when the Democrats are in control all the talking heads say "oh god we got to raise interest rates now.... or we will all be destroyed.
      Then when the republican are in control the same talking heads say we need to lower interest rates and give a tax break to the largest corporations...
      I guess that's normal economic cycles .... right.
      Last edited by bob joyce; 07-27-2022, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Aussie24
        Aussie24
        Aussie24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Suggest you source todays WSJ article: " Lessons from the Great Inflation of 1973 to 1981..will answers most if not all of your questions... My short version is we have a labor supply issue that is contributing to the low unemployment, this is a phenomena caused by the aging work force and the pandemic!

• bob joyce
        bob joyce commented
        Editing a comment
        wall street journal is not fit for the bottom of bird cages
        i respect birds

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
      Can you have a recession with 3.8% unemployment?

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1659060253772.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	6449

Comment

Tight labor supply along with low labor participation, if those folks who dropped out , returned the unemployment would be higher.,

Comment

Curious as to how Brandon and his goons tell us there's "no inflation, " then shortly thereafter pass the Inflation Reduction Act.

I find Elon's meme pretty hilarious (and scary). Click image for larger version

Name:	20220811_165941.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	6865

Comment

Here’s the truth, itsa coming, from zero Joe…..

Name:	D916F6E3-E152-44EF-856E-0110523DF1D9.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	7196

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2mny View Post
              Here’s the truth, itsa coming, from zero Joe…..

Name:	D916F6E3-E152-44EF-856E-0110523DF1D9.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	7196
              We're in deep shit now!

Comment

IMHO: Doubt we will see a depression, but a truly good recession would help right the ‘ship’ .. Leadership is sorely missing! Introduce a Carbon Tax, dedicated to paying down the National Debt, Eliminate the Capital Gains for five years to stimulate growth..

Comment

It's really hard to forecast the economy right now as we are in uncharted waters. I'm almost a perma-bull but there has never been worldwide debt at this level plus it appears that bubbles in the real estate and stock markets have burst. I'm a little concerned about the inflation report tomorrow. It looks like the Fed is genuinely hawkish. And now they have two years until the next election which takes off a lot of pressure. The up moves in the market look like typical bear market bull traps and NASDAQ is almost down to its low. The housing market is unraveling. Looks like a good time to batten down the hatches.
                  John Audette
                  www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

cropto is criptic............ who the hell knows how much leverage that is out there now has next to no back up
                    what has been financed with this stuff.
                    one guy can lose 16 billion over night........
                    with world wide exposure to this crap. what is going to happen?
                    remember ther is no regulation on this stuff and there is no back stop.
                    infact the guy that tried to back stop it earlier in the year is the guy who was swimming with no trunks

Comment

• jaudette3
                      jaudette3
                      Really?
                      jaudette3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, and then there's that. It seems like a fantasy world coming apart.

• bob joyce
                      bob joyce commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I remember guys like Jamie Diamond would not touch this with a 10 foot pole.
                      then suddenly he got his company involved. but then said he was not an Invester in the crap.
                      I immediately surmised that he may have made some of those toxic cocktails that he could sell against crypto the same way they did against the real-estate market.
                      If that is the case, there could be a lot of let's say collateral damage yet to come.
                  Working...
                  X