Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite piece of Chinese crap in your shop/garage?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite piece of Chinese crap in your shop/garage?

Like all right-minded American men, I spend a fair amount of my time grumbling about the decline of manufacturing in the USA and the terrible quality of the Chinese crap that is the new normal. You should hear me riff on the carpet knife my dad owned for 40 years.

Of course, not-so-secretly I still spend the odd hour snooping around Harbor Freight or cruising the cheap tools on Amazon and I've bought more of it than I care to admit. Case in point, my Astro Pneumatic Tool spray gun.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rch_asin_title

I'm on my second one. I use it for upholstery glue. No, I wouldn't paint a car with it but for over 2 years I beat the hell out of my first one, dropped it, never cleaned it, and basically treated it like a step-son who can't throw a football. And it never let me down. The very fact that I will never again clean a glue gun, but just trash and replace it for less than $50, is a small gift from God.

So, I'm wondering, What piece of Chinese crap do you have that you secretly love?
    JP
    aka LiveFromNY
    Last edited by JP; 06-05-2022, 11:07 PM.

An ex GF?

EDIT: def do NOT love. I do miss my dog though.

Comment

I’ve been inseparable from many generations iPhones over many years — usually had one one with me or certainly near me if not in actually in my hand. Some of that use was in workshop, garage especially as a torch or camera to see difficult places or to google some thing quickly rather than dig out paper references.

On reflection I doubt I’ve had as much interaction with any manufactured objects as those iPhones. Rarely let me down. In fact can’t think any ever “broke” as such they just got upgraded. Likely they were all manufactured (more accurate to say assembled) in China, does that makes them Chinese-crap in this thread context?

I would have think hard to come up with anything at all I have at all that is American-made (or British-made).

Steve
      Last edited by 911MRP; 06-06-2022, 01:35 AM.

Comment

about 20years ago i bought a 20€ china made angle grinder...along with it came a pair of spare carbon brushes...hmm yes sure i threw them in the bin since i was sure the grinder will not last that long.the grinder became my favorite tool for doing precise steel cutting because it ran so smooth with thin 1mm discs,unlike the bosch and makita grinders i also have ... 10 years of heavy use later the brushes where worn out...

Comment

Radio in my 2005 Boxster S.
          Has more ability than top of line Pioneer $1200 cost $200.
          lifetime trafic and GPS.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 boxster radio.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	3407

Comment

Working...
          X