X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music I keep finding

I finally broke down and got the pay version of Spotify about a year ago, and I keep finding new great music. I use "shazam" to find out what a song is that I might be hearing at the record shop (they are one of my tenants in a building I own), do a search on Spotify for that song and put in on play and then I get a whole thread of music that Spotify thinks I should listen to. I found Tedeschi Trucks band earlier this year (yah I'm a little slow...) and just found a single by Susan Tedeschi that I hadn't heard before.... great stuff. It's also fun to have a record store upstairs from my main office...., and a used book store, and a tattoo shop... great people! My younger son Nik is opening up a coffee shop in an empty unit I have later this year, so this corner is going to be pretty hoppin... we're getting a beer and wine license as well.

Get off that other OT thread and go listen to some music....

BTW, I've found some great Technical Service Bulletins from 65-73 that we're going to watermark so that can't be put on the other forum, and I'll be posting them on Tech here. Some VERY interesting stuff...

Cheers,
    E
    Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now....

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

"Ain't Waistin' Time No More" (Allman Bros).... cranked up.... Shipping a pair of Bi-iodes... drinking a cup of iced decaf and throwning a rope for my older son's dog Otis (Boxer puppy....)

Get off that other OT thread... you're wastin time!

Cheers,
    E

autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

Music, books, good coffee and food, life is great!
      I just got in and opened up my box of driving lights. All I can say is WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
        Music, books, good coffee and food, life is great!
        I just got in and opened up my box of driving lights. All I can say is WOW.
        Yeah, same here. I just opened a couple sets form Eric that he sent last week and I must have sat there for 10 minutes just smiling at them. My wife asked me "What are you smiling about?"

She'll never understand.

Comment

that would be great.... i am guessing those service bulletins will have pictures.
          when i built my 1961 Roadster i used the manuals for how the fender gussets and things like that were actually done in the factory...
          i still need to see things like the floor and other such areas on my 1968 911 L Targa because i want the car to be built the same
          For the Roadster i was able to find a lot of it in the factory service manual but for my 68 the factory manuals leave a lot out of view.
          My goal for the car is not to show it .... i just don't dig that scene.
          It is not to build a custom car...
          It is to build a very well-manicured as new car as if the designers could have overseen the work.
          Last edited by bob joyce; 06-27-2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
            I finally broke down and got the pay version of Spotify about a year ago, and I keep finding new great music. I use "shazam" to find out what a song is that I might be hearing at the record shop (they are one of my tenants in a building I own), do a search on Spotify for that song and put in on play and then I get a whole thread of music that Spotify thinks I should listen to
            What is "shazam"? Is that on my iphone?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveRo View Post

What is "shazam"? Is that on my iphone?
              Old-school app but no longer needed on iPhone. Just ask "Siri, what song is this?" and point your phone towards the music. Eric must be an Android guy.

Comment

No apple products allowed in our house, per our older son Andrew...

autoforeign@gmail.com
                67S's......

Comment

More good listenin' stuff: Southern Blues Rock sorta....

JJ Grey
                  Marcus King Band
                  Tab Benoit
                  R.L. Burnside
                  Donovan Frankreiter (yup....)

TURN IT UP!!!

e

autoforeign@gmail.com
                  67S's......

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
                    More good listenin' stuff: Southern Blues Rock sorta....

JJ Grey
                    Marcus King Band
                    Tab Benoit
                    R.L. Burnside
                    Donovan Frankreiter (yup....)

TURN IT UP!!!

e
                    Sounds of Silence by Disturbed....crank it Eric.

Comment

Anything by Rhiannon Giddens, she goes from blues to opera without missing a beat. Supremely talented musician.

Comment

interesting website if you want to find similar or related artists...

https://www.music-map.com

Comment

What amazes me about Spotify is the stuff I somehow missed in my youth that was exactly in my wheelhouse. I mean, the fact that I've seen the Talking Heads and David Byrne a dozen times and own everything ever done by Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground but somehow didn't know until this year that Jonathan Richman even existed? How is that possible?

Comment

Even cooler live.

Comment

uuu uuu uu
                              Very clever

Comment

Working...
                              X