X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catastrophic History and Ancient Wisdom

I'm hoping there are some folks out there who would like to debate or discuss this topic. I've been interested in very ancient history, sometimes referred to as catastrophic history, for a longtime. In short, those who subscribe to the school of catastrophic history believe that there have been a number of highly advanced civilizations on Earth that have been ended by catastrophes such as comets and floods (yes, similar to the biblical flood). Of course, most professional archeologists have long held that civilization begin about 6,000 years ago. And despite what is, in my view, becoming strong evident to the contrary, they will not budge.

The reason I find this topic fascinating is akin to a personal search for the Holy Grail. We live in an age with innumerable challenges and problems and our present world view based on the mechanical reductionist, Newtonian Paradigm that has been inculcated in our minds and DNA, is proving futile to solve them. Which makes sense given that it's at the root of them. Perhaps an ancient civilization was onto something better, only to have the wisdom vanish with a cataclysmic event. If we believed that such civilizations once existed perhaps we could increase our archeological efforts to find them.

As many know, an ancient site in Turkey called Gobekli Tepe, was discovered around 1990. It's a structure somewhat similar to Stonehenge, but it's 7,000 years older as it has been definitively dated as being 12,000 years old, right around the Younger Dryas (hypothesis) era. It incorporates a high degree of astronomical sophistication and complexity that make it hard to believe that it could have been designed and constructed by a hunter/gatherer civilization.Among other things they are a subsistence culture and would not have a large workers class or stored wealth to house and feed them.

So who built Gobekli Tepe and why? And why did they bury it? A site thought to be over 30 acres in size (so far, it's only 5% excavated) was deliberately buried. Were they trying to save it for future civilizations? What knowledge were they trying to preserve and pass on?

There are many who believe that the Earth may have had dozens or hundreds of complex civilizations that have come and gone over the eons, a theory (hypothesis really) supported by many of the ancient myths. If that is true, a lot of knowledge and wisdom may have been lost.

Of course there also many who believe this is all pseudo-science and pseudo-archaeology. If you have an interest let's discuss it here in a leisurely manner.
    jaudette3
    Really?
    Last edited by jaudette3; 06-29-2022, 01:08 AM.
    John Audette
    www.911bestinclass.com

or were these advanced people so diabolically evil that once defeated the concorers buried them out of existence
    I want to know how the incredible engineering operations were performed.
    i was courted by the masons and they said i had to say that i believed in a higher being just any.
    i thought about the early engineering feats but i could not say in good consciences' that they were built by higher being . so i said no.

Comment

Bob....

As an engineer do you have any theories on how the huge many ton (50-80 tons in the pyramids) often granite blocks were maneuvered back in the day?

John Audette
      www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

i do not believe anyone knows exactly yet. But clues are around, once all the clues are found then an answers can be had.
        Think of it like todays modern construction. Bents are dug or compacted fill is placed to form a bench and false work is set to erect the structure.
        once the structure is complete it has the ability to stand on its own and the false work removed and bent can be regraded.
        At the pyramids they have found ramps and other things suggesting counterweight systems. Evidently there are anomalous thing left behind that they need to try to understand how they might of been part of the engineering work.
        I am blown away by the precise placement (that was kind of one of my things when i did layout)
        to cut the rocks is an achievement by itself but they also had to make the next rock cut to fit exactly to the plan.
        And these skills were evident in other continents
        really kind of makes me feel pretty inferior.

Comment

Is it possible that they had made life so good until there weren't any actual problems except pronouns? Or they let a bunch of spoiled kids scream that climate change is going to destroy the earth in ten years so they buried everything and had a mass suicide?
          Crankys Paint
          2.0L
          Last edited by Crankys Paint; 06-30-2022, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
            Bob....

As an engineer do you have any theories on how the huge many ton (50-80 tons in the pyramids) often granite blocks were maneuvered back in the day?
            It definitely makes you appreciate the knowledge those in the ancient world possessed. Despite modern viewpoints that the ancients were a primitive people, the ancients indeed possessed a vast knowledge. This is evidenced by their ability to perform engineering marvels that we could not even begin to fathom on how to replicate today. This has fascinated me since my youth.

This is a good thread. Let's keep it going.

Comment

I recently heard the theory that John has brought up. We might not be the first humanoids to exist on the planet. There might have been civilizations many millennia prior to ours. Since they occurred hundreds of thousands of years ago no trace remains.
              If we succeed in either blowing ourselves up or dying in our own waste products, how long would it take for all sign of us to disappear? We are just a blip in Earths timeline.

Comment

i would not be surprised......
                this earth has the ability to drastically change..
                and we havenot spent that much time and effort studying and exploring what we have now.
                big example ..... the stuff under the briny seas............

Comment

But we do use it as a dumping ground for nuclear waste among other things. Wonder what the half life of that is?

Comment

How do we explain something like this?

https://youtu.be/aO-YGJ4y1eE

and these

https://youtu.be/oa5nRnDDaPw

and these

https://youtu.be/4x4jEOgNeWk

Who knows how many times the cycle has been around? Millions of years?

OK, I'll stop now....
                    jaudette3
                    Really?
                    Last edited by jaudette3; 07-13-2022, 03:19 PM.
                    John Audette
                    www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

unfortunately, this stuff is more than likely a hoax.
                      the reasoning is, first of all the presenters of the videos are expressing themselves in a way that is trying to "sell' you.
                      Secondly, they go out of their way to discredit the scientific world.
                      classic tip off of a con job.

Comment

Well, I thought about that and ultimately bought it. I can be a little naive sometimes (often?).
                        John Audette
                        www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

I still say it's 50/50 that we're living in a simulation.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                            Wouldn't that be ironic? Although when I look at those pictures from the Webb, it doesn't seem to really matter. (pun intended).

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                              Or maybe a game, same difference I guess. You may be right. Which is the single most depressing thought there is. If I'm an avatar for someone he is a sadistic MF.
                              John Audette
                              www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Working...
                              X