X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank,
    So did the guy end up sending you the box? Or is he still stewing?
    I think a good shop would have been very clear that since they had never done a similar repair the risk was very high that the outcome would not be good.
    Again, some people never listen to good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by simonjb View Post
      One of my roles is Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). It’s easy to identify risks - hard to measure and even harder to place a probability. However, one question I like to ask when we are looking at doing something new is “what’s the worst thing that could happen?” Why? Because sometimes it happens. If the gentleman had asked himself that question he might have had Becks do the work.
      This is exactly right IMHO. I "cheap out" on some things - like repairing a pool pump or easy crap - but figure if I screw up, I am out a few hundred bucks. The PDKnucklehead didn't think that through or he's way too enamored of the shop?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by P-Nut View Post

The PDKnucklehead didn't think that through or he's way too enamored of the shop?

Scott
        Scott,
        In all fairness I would leave room for charity on his part; if he thought he was "investing" in the start up by helping them and clearly understood the risk, that's certainly commendable.

David,
        Haven't heard back from him. This procedure involves calibration of the unit after its completed. We need the car.

BTW: Here is the massive information dump on Rennlist that helped drive this procedure. If someone has a PDK problem they'll read through it. Otherwise it's a little overwhelming... but fascinating.

Guide to Repairing a PDK Transmission - Page 63 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
        Frank Beck
        Banned
        Last edited by Frank Beck; 08-31-2022, 06:45 AM.
        Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
        Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Working...
        X