Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 10 years of basically free money subsidizing the market it was understandable that actually taking some of that free money from Wall Street would result in a drop-off in value.
    Now investors actually have to go out and look for companies that will make real earnings instead of just vapor ware.
    For companies that had cheap money and had offshored their operations to cheap labor areas, (China), paying real wages will be hard to swallow. I think only critical items and items that can be produced by robots will be reshored. The rest will go to "friendly" cheap labor markets.

One thing Wall Street learned, is that in any real crash the Fed will be there to bail them out again.

Comment

kitchen sink........... the message is that the CFO's are troughing every negative thing they have into the current earnings reports so that the crap is off their books for the future .

Comment

totally anecdotal and i might be wrong but does it look like some of the odd special case or shall i say not your typical collector class cars that were bought in the last 2 years are being dumped back on bring a trailer?
        I am thinking it is not so much the car as that the buyer probably does not feel so rich that he needs an oddity.

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
          I'm thinking that there are two bullish things that have not been discussed much. The first is on-shoring. American companies are serious about moving manufacturing capability back to America and that could be huge. Billions of dollars of investments in plants and lots of good jobs. The second is electric vehicles. There are a large number of battery plants being built. Just a few years ago they would have been built off-shore but now they're being built in the U.S. EV's are an (under-estimated) revolution. Technology change of this magnitude is bound to have a profoundly positive effect on the economy. Finally a couple of things on the good news side of ledger.
          Hi guys
          I think that the American economy has a lot of promise with on-shoring and the rise of electric automobiles. Manufacturing might start up again in the US, bringing with it big investments and job possibilities.free fire name

Comment

Originally posted by Aashii View Post

Hi guys
            I think that the American economy has a lot of promise with on-shoring and the rise of electric automobiles. Manufacturing might start up again in the US, bringing with it big investments and job possibilities.free fire name
            this is clearly happening now. Our biggest concern will be staffing these manufacturing facilities from the current herd of US educated folks in the under 40 or so crowd. I don’t see a lot of actual qualified worker out there. Maybe that’s just me.

Comment

Working...
            X