X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• might be seeing the best sports story in decades

Purdy , mister irrelevant...... wholly cow i have a feeling (maybe it is spawned by being a 49er fan) This guy stands in there and does his thing. Teams have motivation and this situation with a quarterback of unassuming standing could..... go..... all.... the.... way........

Not even the best sports story this year. That would be Geno Smith.

Comment

maybe as usual i did not speak right...
      i did not mean that his playing and winning Sunday was "the story"
      might be seeing the best story
      actively seeing in progress.
      time will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
        Not even the best sports story this year. That would be Geno Smith.
        And the 2nd best story is Russell Wilson (at this rate the Seahawks have the 3rd pick in the draft)... a little schadenfreud never hurt anyone...
        Ah, but I was so much older then
        I'm younger than that now....

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

yeah, there is an awesome "trophy" for losing every game...

Comment

I haven't watched US sports since the first guy took a knee. Watching tatted up thugs just doesn't do it for me anymore. To be honest, I stopped watching after Sandy Kofax, Drysdale, Ford, Mays, Maris, Mantle, Wills, etc retired. I did watch a few games Nolan Ryan pitched. I follow World Cup Ski racing, F1, and the Tour de France. I was in the ski industry and worked on World Cup races in Aspen and Sun Valley in the 70's and still follow it closely. My wife was Colorado Masters Road Bike Camp 10 years in a row. She has ridden almost every pass the Tour takes many times. And I'm a very average Porsche driver that enjoys F1 and Lemans. For me to watch golf or tennis causes me to almost go into a coma. For me I'd rather go ski with my wife, walk, do unique stuff to Porsches, reload, target shoot, etc. I call it GOADS, Go out and do something. I'm sure the athletes miss me about as much as I miss them.
            Attached Files

Comment

I share the angsts...I think it was late 70's or early 80's a Dominican or Porto Rican baseball star, one week or so before the playoffs spit in an umpire's face.
              I was soooo repulsed. For the next few days all the sports commentators debated whether he should play in the play offs. I was even more repulsed when the decision was to allow him to play in the play offs. I felt that professional sports had zillched the underlying message that sports and sportsman ship was a vital character trait that should be honored and promoted.
              Another blow was my very hero, John Madden. He made his signature image of heralding players that hurt other players. That was the total antithesis of my belief that sports were for competing to learn fairness and competitive spirts to help promote the sports skill level and promote a commerodity .

Comment

Originally posted by bob joyce View Post
                I share the angsts...I think it was late 70's or early 80's a Dominican or Porto Rican baseball star, one week or so before the playoffs spit in an umpire's face.
                I was soooo repulsed. For the next few days all the sports commentators debated whether he should play in the play offs. I was even more repulsed when the decision was to allow him to play in the play offs. I felt that professional sports had zillched the underlying message that sports and sportsman ship was a vital character trait that should be honored and promoted.
                Another blow was my very hero, John Madden. He made his signature image of heralding players that hurt other players. That was the total antithesis of my belief that sports were for competing to learn fairness and competitive spirts to help promote the sports skill level and promote a commerodity .
                That would've been Roberto Alomar....and it was the 90's.
                Formerly, 69Sman, now RuF RS.
                Bahia Red 72S
                PTS Meerblau 991.2 Speedster
                Audi RS6 Avant (Daily.)
                INCOMING: PTS Black Olive 992 GT3 w WING and PDK

Comment

Messi maybe finally winning a world cup! His last chance. Can't wait till Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                    Messi maybe finally winning a world cup! His last chance. Can't wait till Sunday.
                    A world what?

Comment

Working...
                    X