X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 916

I saw this car today in Colorado Springs. I had a 70 Irish? Green 914-6 with a 2.2S engine. I miss it.
    That 916 is stunning.
    https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...he-hen-s-tooth
    Chris Pomares
    2.4L
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 04-25-2024, 10:34 AM.

Fantastic car... !

I had the opportunity to see the Gemini Blue one in Monterey many years ago, the interior was all hand stitched leather including the dash (tan leather). I had a tangerine 6 back in the mid 80's, very fun car. Still in the hands of the family I sold it to.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

Back in 71 or 72 I was living in Aspen. I got to go for a ride up Independent Pass in a light metallic blue GT flared (from the factory) 914-6. As I was driving a 67 VW bus at the time, I thought it was super fast. I told myself I hope I can have one some day. I think it had the stock 110hp 69T engine. The guy was from Connecticut as I remember. Around 2000 I saw George Hussey had one at his 914 specialty shop. I called him. It was the same car. It wasn't for sale at that time.
      Chris Pomares
      2.4L
      Last edited by Chris Pomares; 04-25-2024, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Can't remember seeing a car and wanting it more than this one...

Comment

well....the 914.....

our mechanic just told me 4 weeks ago, after we had done a major service and all the stuff necessary to keep it up to the notch, that he will quit the job due to age and move to south America with his love for his "old days". So he will leave beginning of July, selling his house, his workshop ----

I drove home to my love and explained her the situation we are facing.

We came to the ultimate decision to better now sell our all original ravenna green 2.0 - with order papers dating from 1973 - now with new clutch, new jetronic wire harness, new V2A heat exchangers, new release bearing, flywheel, valves and ignition set, new TUEV approval, than to be in the situation, in which all of the "we can do the 914" prove to be amateurs.....We had tried 4 mechanics some 10 years ago, all uncabable of handling the jetronic, and finally had gotten the adress of the 914 pope in Germany. He fixed everything in just three hours, where all the others failed miserably......

some sad days are coming to see the 914 go.....

Attached Files
          haul
          it´s easy on a triumph
          Last edited by haul; 04-26-2024, 03:21 AM.
          erwin_loves_polo

Comment

but something nice on the 914…

I do have a copy of the single built 8cyl 914S….hand typed…and well, this was for sure some nice drive, too
            Attached Files
            erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Friends of mine and I were in my '72 Super Beetle way back (probably 16 or 17) when a black GT pulled up next to us at a stoplight. It was warm, his top was off and I made idle chit chat with him. He said he was going to sell it. Dang! No money. Never saw it again but I've never forgotten it either. Later bought a well worn '70 1.7 rust bucket off the back of a used cars lot.
              50 years later this is a car I've know of since 1977 when the driver would show up at auto-crosses to clean house. I remember drivers wondering if he was going to attend and hoping otherwise. Multiple SCCA winner over the years. Won A/S in '85, '86, BS in 98, '01 and C/S in '87, 88, '89, '91, 93, 94, 95, '02 and 03 in this car.
              Still auto crossing at 92 in a Boxster S PDK. I $hit you not.

Click image for larger version  Name:	'73  914 2.0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.0 KB ID:	12647
              This was one of the 1st 3 '73 914 2.0's to hit the East Coast in '72. He traded a British car.
              The black lug covers shouldn't be on the wheels but I like them.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sithot; 04-26-2024, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Here in Denver the two guys I depend on for MFI are 75 and 80. They both talk about retiring almost every time I see them. Anyone know of a good 40 to 50 something with 20 years of MFI experience in Colorado?

Comment

Mark Jung is very good.
                  https://www.mfiwerks.com

Comment

our 914 is now in the hands of a collector, who runs a chassis-rebuilt and paint store ….he has a vast collection of porsche and others, and he will take care now for the next years. He will adress first some minor chassis issues, rust points at the A pilar and rear corners…

all good and fine…

I swapped for a 2010 997 C4 3.6 manual, racing green on black leather, sunroof, rear wiper,…91k km…
                    Attached Files
                    erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Working...
                    X