Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 911 -74

I hope this is the right place? to ...ramble on about my -74

I have just finished up on an 11 year restoration, maybe not only resto since it turned more and more into my interpretation of a cool car of the 70's. Today a friend picked it up, he will bring it to Porsche Club Sweden's 4-day Festival and the concourse, and on Sunday we'll meet up in the Capitol for the main meet up of the year for aircooled Porsche's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_x1529.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	2800

Name:	IMG_x1501_.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	2801

This week have been spent on getting the right rideheight (for me that was "1 finger" between the tire and the fender lip in the back, and 1 degree forward) and cleaning the underside, and washing it for the first time in my ownership.

Bengt
    Last edited by gtBen; 05-26-2022, 12:21 PM.

Hej Bengt

Jättefin bil du har! Ser ut som en mycket fin restaurering gjordes. Du kommer att ha det bra på showen, jag är säker på att några vänner till mig kommer att vara där. Jag är i Seattle, och föddes här av svenska föräldrar, och har varit "hem" till Sverige många gånger. Tidigare hade jag mina morföräldrar hemma som sommarstuga i Orsa, men det såldes för 3 år sedan. Hoppas jag träffar dig på nästa resa!

Eric Sigvard Linden
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
      Hej Bengt

Jättefin bil du har! Ser ut som en mycket fin restaurering gjordes. Du kommer att ha det bra på showen, jag är säker på att några vänner till mig kommer att vara där. Jag är i Seattle, och föddes här av svenska föräldrar, och har varit "hem" till Sverige många gånger. Tidigare hade jag mina morföräldrar hemma som sommarstuga i Orsa, men det såldes för 3 år sedan. Hoppas jag träffar dig på nästa resa!
      What he said!

Such a pretty car. I love me some longhoods but I'm probably a middie guy more than anything - that classic impact bumper look and still a very raw, mechanical driving experience. Count me jealous and drive it like you stole it!
      JP
      aka LiveFromNY
      Last edited by JP; 05-26-2022, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
        Hej Bengt

Eric Sigvard Linden
        Thanks Eric. I've spent an enormous amount of time and reflection on the resto, I've done it to the very very best of my capability and it's been more like a long journey then just a resto ...and your windshield wipers adorn the car

Originally posted by JP View Post
        What he said!

Such a pretty car. I love me some longhoods but I'm probably a middie guy more than anything - that classic impact bumper look and still a very raw, mechanical driving experience. Count me jealous and drive it like you stole it!
        Thanks JP. It is very pretty, think that even teenagers and older ladies notice it. This shape with the big bumpers has always been on my mind since I bought my first own magazine, it is my dream car and will later on serve many purposes. I'm torn on how far to take it or if I better get another 911 ...a beater, early's are growing on me.

Bengt

Comment

Too good to be true ...but my car won the concourse AND People's choice at the Porsche Club Sweden festival today. I don't know what to say but it feels sooooo good when you have put your soul into something for so long time.

and JP, I will even drive it like a rental, not just like it's been stolen
          Last edited by gtBen; 05-27-2022, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Reminds me of Tv program Bron, She wouldn’t let anyone drive it. Great series

Comment

Congratulations Ben! Any pics from the show?

I remembe Bron very well,... made me want a mid year car!, and in Olive....
              Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
              autoforeign@gmail.com
              67S's......

Comment

Here are two photos to start with, and I'm eager to see what comes out from a professional photo session on my car

Name:	20220528_184304_.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	2923 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220528_162618_.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	2924

Comment

Congrats Bengt! Looks great! I’m not usually a fan of yellow on cars, but love it on 911s.

Comment

Beautiful car. I'm a BIG fan of 74's. Still light, aluminum trailing arms, and many other nice touches.

Comment

Originally posted by dwa911 View Post
                      Congrats Bengt! Looks great! I’m not usually a fan of yellow on cars, but love it on 911s.
                      Thanks David, I love all kids-birthday-party colors
                      Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post
                      Beautiful car. I'm a BIG fan of 74's. Still light, aluminum trailing arms, and many other nice touches.
                      Thanks Chris, that's how I see them as well

Here some photos a friend took at the meeting some days after the concourse

Name:	gul-bil-9.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	3595

Name:	gulbil-11.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	3596

And some from this Monday on the way home from autoX with PCS. My car behaved very well, but I kept the revs down as best as I could. My friends cool car i a trackfocused -69T with a 3.6

Name:	Img_x1639.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	3597 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_x1642.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	3598

Comment

Name:	22-025.jpg