X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3, 2, 1... Go!

Let's start this off the right way. Excited to share my latest addition but mostly just want to see if I can hear Beck gagging all the way from Arizona.

1981 Porsche 924 Turbo with 8k original miles

Click image for larger version

Name:	924.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	513

Such an underrated little car. Like driving a sewing machine hopped up on meth. I love it.

Wow…..i have been casually chasing a 924 Turbo for the last couple of years.
    Think i am attracted to the simplicity of the details
    What I really dislike are the rims used for the turbo model much prefer the phone dial's
    i was very close on an original owner in blue but lost out when i did not pull the trigger fast enough.
    Also would like with tartan option seat inserts.

Comment

Ok ….I will admit that I have always lusted for an early 928 (78-79)
      Convinced the design is as fresh & timeless today as in 78 , add an original Pasha interior and this classic moves up the ladder to
      a must have Porsche . Looks like I don't know what to click on to post photo
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Gold71; 04-24-2022, 05:23 PM. Reason: Added some photos

Comment

Oh brother... first Chevy Citations... now a slantnose Audi 100LS.

When you say "sewing machine" do you mean one with a bent flywheel? Back in the day we used to call these Magic Fingers because they vibrated so badly. They would actually crack the A/C compressor brackets because the problem was so bad.

One cool anomaly? The LSD in the snail box trans is actually a 915 unit.

However, that my friend is the prettiest turd in the yard! Congrats.
        Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
        Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

• Aussie24
          Aussie24
          Aussie24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Frank/JP..I was a Porsche dealer and still remember the issues with the 924 Turbos, customers drove them hard ..getting Porsche to honor claims was always a struggle...

Make that a 924 Carrera GT (S) and we're talking.

Comment

Originally posted by georgek View Post
          Make that a 924 Carrera GT (S) and we're talking.
          For sure, George. Have you seen the prices on those things lately? The world is mad.

Comment

Gold71 Here's how to add a photo to your post in three steps.

1. Click on the Upload Attachments blue icon on the right hand side above the message box.

Name:	attach 1.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	552

2. On the lower left, you will see two new buttons appear. Click on Upload Attachments.

Name:	attach2.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	553

3. A pop-up will now appear allowing you to upload your photo and, once uploaded, it will appear as a thumbnail on at the lower left of your screen. You can then click on any red link to add your photo to your post in the appropriate size (thumbnail, small, medium, large).

Name:	attach3.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	554

Comment

JP - Was that the car that was listed on eBay? I thought of you when I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveRo View Post
                JP - Was that the car that was listed on eBay? I thought of you when I saw it.
                Yep. It was a local Texas car so I had an advantage and ended getting a very good deal (at least I think so).

Comment

Originally posted by Gold71 View Post
                  Ok ….I will admit that I have always lusted for an early 928 (78-79)
                  Convinced the design is as fresh & timeless today as in 78 , add an original Pasha interior and this classic moves up the ladder to
                  a must have Porsche . Looks like I don't know what to click on to post photo
                  Frank,
                  Have you ever driven a first gen 928?!
                  Throaty, gutless, lumbering, and more body role than Chris Farley in the SNL Chippendales gag.

However...
                  I absolutely have a soft spot in my heart for these Disco era Panameras.

We just finished handing off my 8th grade algebra teacher's '78 to its new steward. Mr. Levan, who was definitely the strictest disciplinarian and revered teacher at Pima Elementary was sad to see it go but also knows it's now in good hands. The new owner is thrilled to own a piece of local Porsche history and I'm honored to be the same mechanic working on it for 40+ years.

I must say; shaking that car down brought back memories. Some of them good.
                  Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Frank
                    So if 911X= 928 lets solve for X
                    I did drive the 79 pictured and no doubt an Autobahn Cruiser but so much style ….much like high top basketball shoes vs penny loafers
                    What color was the 78 and what interior ?
                    And who has a tool kit like this Click image for larger version

Name:	FF86EE56-C5BC-46F9-9941-2EA9A3FB7B5D.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	694 Click image for larger version

Name:	FF86EE56-C5BC-46F9-9941-2EA9A3FB7B5D.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	695

Comment

Frank,
                      Boring Grand Prix White with brown leather.
                      I may have a tool kit like that; certainly some misc tools. ¿por qué?

Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Yes totally boring finishes on the 78 but then again its a math teacher !
                        just kidding on the tool kit , think its neat that it’s integrated into the full length of the rear panel

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	98320EE4-178A-4ABE-8493-483689D455FB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.3 KB ID:	6760 Attention JP!
                          Play your cards right and you may be the lucky new owner!

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1...%20blast%20car
                          Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	1DD2426F-1205-4784-8035-F7885F0B8145.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.2 KB ID:	6763 Its kinda cool but much prefer this version
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	B534F872-02BC-4109-9FBD-E9F79246FA04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.1 KB ID:	6762
                            Last edited by Gold71; 08-06-2022, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X