X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of the Speedster at the 1955 Frankfurt Motor Show

Recently purchased the Kardex for my 1955 Speedster which shows that the car was part of the Porsche display at the 1955 Frankfurt Motor Show. There are plenty of pictures of the 550 Spyder on display, which I believe is going to auction in Paris soon, but I’ve been unsuccessful finding any shots of the Coupe, Cabriolet, or the Speedster at this show.

There is a Pre A group on FB where the same question will be asked along with the 356 Registry and thought too, I’d ask here as well for direction or help from our 911 Porsche Community.

Of course, Google was a bit of help with an article about the show and pictures of the 550. Know the chance is slim to find someone with archival access or perhaps some original pictures in the “family album” they could possibly share to help me validate the Kardex information.

In 1955, the car would have been Signal Red, with black interior/top.

Armed with this new information, the direction for taking it to “driver status” or to do another full restoration is being contemplated.

This car has been stored for many years in an open warehouse and when purchased, was assured it “ran when parked.”. Yes indeed!

Thnaks for any interest.

DanielJ
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DanielJ; 08-03-2022, 10:45 AM.
Working...
X