X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's got a Turbo?

Out running around in this today. My 1989 Turbo (factory) Slantnose. I think all of these turbos are an acquired taste (and I'm not certain I've acquired it, quite honestly) but they're sure fun to look at.

Click image for larger version

Name:	slant.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	872

Of all the cars I had, I think I regret most my wife's '83 930. Belonged to a guy who finished 3rd at Le Mans in '79. Beast of a car. More fun than the RS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CD+sauvegarde+2371159477656.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	877
    Attached Files

Comment

George, that interior is wild!

Comment

All factory. Nice history behind that one:

https://ferdinandmagazine.com/porsch...ather-interior

Had it for 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2mny View Post
          George, that interior is wild!
          Beautiful!

Comment

I've had two, an 81 and 91. The 91 was a much better everyday car although I used both as such. The 81 was a monster and covered long distances with ease, lots of turbo lag.
            The 91 was almost like a NA car and the feel of it was pretty close to an early car, should have kept it. The A/C was actually pretty good, the A/C on my 81 was really insufficient for Texas.
            My wife drove both occasionally and liked them, she would never drive my 73.

Comment

Several; the last two being a 993 and 94 3.6... and I'm reminded almost daily of how stupid I was for selling.

George, absolutely smitten by the olive leather but can certainly understand why you sold it. A car like that with no seat for a driver but one for a wife is no different than a living room loveseat.

BTW: Striking slant nose JP. Is that Stone Grey or Slate Grey Metallic?
              Frank Beck
              Banned
              Last edited by Frank Beck; 04-29-2022, 10:03 AM.
              Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
              Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

had a `77 930 minerva blue over black leather... first owner a guy called Mr.Piech...2nd owner was a pimp in vienna (not me Frank) ... sold befor the prices went up.

slant nose 911: brings back childhood memories
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z18LpIEA5ys

Attached Files
              moito
              tu felix austria
              Last edited by moito; 04-30-2022, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Franz the Vienna pimp!

That's gonna stick!cosmo kramer pimp GIF
                Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
                Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

George, I remember that car from pictures you posted... sorry to hear you no longer have it. A side note that I have NOS interior pieces that match that color from my Emory buy out of a few years ago. Can't imagine too many cars with that color interior!, but I love it....

I've never owned a turbo, and may never, but I'd like to.
                  Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                  autoforeign@gmail.com
                  67S's......

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
                    A side note that I have NOS interior pieces that match that color from my Emory buy out of a few years ago..
                    Guy setting up here at Carlisle today had a set of Turbo rear seat back and a center console in that green. What are the chances?

Comment

I had one for a few years and enjoyed it. 1988MY

Last edited by 9er; 04-30-2022, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I've owned my 84 Euro 930 Factory Slant since 2013 or so....originally imported by Scottsdale Porsche...all original GR on Cork with non slatted fenders. 111k miles and always driven to events, including Boca Parade, Werks Amelia Island etc....Just won Preservation class at EuroFest Natchez. Miss my 993TT that I owned for 12 years and sold a couple of years ago Click image for larger version

Name:	946A9616-2214-46F4-8585-22AD9281B413.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	942

Comment

I swear, nothing photographs better than a 911 Turbo. 9er, that white on white is awesome!

Comment

I owned a 77 black/lt red for many years. They are fascinating cars technically, beautiful to look at, but just not as nice to drive day-to-day as NA 911s. It's a combination of many things, including weight bias, that four-speed transmission, and engine performance that can barely be enjoyed in normal driving. I drove mine cross country, alone, to experience some of its performance ability. As a cross country tourer, it's a very good 911. North Dakota was fun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F49AEA8A-405E-4800-9D60-064E0C56E7B2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	256.9 KB ID:	991
                            Attached Files
                            Former British Leyland mechanic, remember them?
                            Long Beach, CA

Comment

Working...
                            X