X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much snow.....!

My backup snow vehicle is buried by about 3+ feet of snow (99' Suburban)... so I dragged out the backup for the backup (Porsche Arova 212 Skibob)...! It's crappy on compact snow/ice, but good in about 4" of powder. I've skied it a few times, unfortunately I don't have the little ski's that you should have on your feet (they are back in Seattle office for some reason).

Side note that we shoveled almost 3 feet of wet heavy snow off the pole bldg 2 days ago, and then got another foot that night. Very unusual snow year, this is the most we've had during a 45 day window in quite a few years, and it's heavy when it's usually quite dry. We had a similar situation last spring when we had 38 inchs in one day, and shoveled 4 feet of wet snow (there was over a foot on the barn prior). The pole barn was built before we bought this property (it's about 30 years old) but the builder is still in business. Current snow load is 120lbs. per sq ft. You can see in the bottom pic that I "lost" an enclosed trailer to snow load about 10 years ago. Current enclosed trailers are stored elsewhere so that this is no longer an issue.

Had a great day skiing our local mountain, and we'll be here through Monday.

Happy New Year!
    E
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Porsche skibob.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	9032 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snow Nik January 2022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.0 KB ID:	9033

Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

YIKES!!!

Joe

Comment

Wow, having never experienced snow, I guess you learn to work around the difficulties.

Comment

The whole west coast, along with the western side of the Rockies is getting abundant snow. Your case looks extreme. The good side is the West needs the water. I follow World Cup Ski Racing and Europe is really hurting with very little snow. My wife and her Brother are skiing at Beaver Creek and Aspen this weekend. She called and said the conditions are nice light powder. I'm home with a cold. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post
          I follow World Cup Ski Racing and Europe is really hurting with very little snow. .
          some ski regions over here had zero snow during x-mas holidays --so down hill bikers where carried uphill instead....the new normal for low-laying resorts

Comment

Working...
          X