Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the difference between this site and the Early911SRegistry?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the difference between this site and the Early911SRegistry?

I'm the new owner of a 1970 911S (a project) and I've been looking at the online resources. Can someone explain the difference between this site and the Early911SRegistry? Are they the same? Or owned by the same people? Is this the place for me owning a 911S or the other site?

this site is growing....

Comment

Originally posted by moito View Post
      this site is growing....
      And free.
      You can join more than one site.
      Welcome

Comment

No reason not to visit both and others as well. This site will be much more entertaining!

Comment

Welcome Hillman! This site is in its infancy but growing rapidly. There are members here that aren’t (allowed) on the other site because the owner of the other site didn’t ‘agree’ with certain positions taken by said members. Totally different owner(s) here. Lots and lots of knowledge here and on the other forums too. Think of the other site kind of like the twitter of P-car forums. Ask your questions here and you will be drinking from a firehose with the answers from those whom have a vast knowledge of the early cars.
          nvr2mny
          69E 3.2MFI
          Last edited by nvr2mny; 05-16-2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Echoing others, there are many websites that have great 911 information and there's no reason to limit yourself to just one. There's actually yet another registry for early 911's here. That said, there are certainly some differences between us and the other site you mentioned and I'll be happy to share my (biased) opinion. I mean, did anyone expect me to resist?

Firstly, although both sites have the word "registry" in their name, only one is an actual registry as most people understand the word (three guesses which one). At the Early 911 Registry, we're working hard to document as many early 911's as possible and we're off to a roaring start. Our registry is online, member-generated, searchable, and facilitates communication between owners and enthusiasts on our E911R forums. The other site has a spreadsheet that'll cost you $50 and that is, to put it nicely, a mess. Incomplete, poorly organized, and randomly delivered. Nobody is going to disagree with that.

I mentioned our forums and it's worth noting that many of us ended up here because of what we consider the poor management of the forums on the other site. A little research will net you the term "over-moderated" and that's putting it mildly. Many of us are of the opinion that the guy running things over there has both banned and driven away many of the most knowledgeable people in the early 911 universe and this new registry is a place for us to start fresh and build the type of site we think our community deserves.

Regardless of where you end up, welcome! If you have a minute we'd all love to hear about your project.

JP
            JP
            aka LiveFromNY
            Last edited by JP; 05-16-2022, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moito View Post
              this site is growing....
              Just you wait!

GIF by Rick James

Comment

Try and post anything remotely inflaming or politically incorrect here, then over there...
              georgek
              2.0L, for real
              Last edited by georgek; 05-16-2022, 04:45 AM.

Comment

What's the difference?! If I didn't know better I'd say this post was a plant from JP.

If you're the type who is rigid, likes to color between the lines, thinks Don Rickles was a mean man (or don't know who he was), takes himself way too seriously, mile-wide/inch deep persona, tends to favor ultra left-wing politics, and you believe equity, diversity, and inclusion aren't sexist and racist, the other site may be the perfect place for you!

As far as technical expertise and resources? Most everyone here came from the other site. Just a matter of time before this will be the Go To for all things early 911.

This is not just a technical forum or place to get brand-specific info. It's the dysfunctional family dinner table where nothing is out of bounds to discuss.

Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
                Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

This site is uncensored. And the core membership is the hard-core of the longhood community. A serious collection of knowledge. And we have Beck and they don't.

Cheers,
                John
                John Audette
                www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie24 View Post
                JP, Using clips from TicToc is distracting and frankly a bit juvenile.. IMHO...
                But, but, but... Rick James is doing such amazing work on Tiktok!

Comment

OK, guys. A little bit "inside baseball" for a new guy but I think I get it. Thanks for the clarification. The "S" part had me wondering where I belonged but this seems like my kind of place.

Comment

• 70SATMan
                    70SATMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To be honest, that was a constant occurrence on ESR for owners of non Esses. Many, many felt that it was a bit exclusive even back in the ole days even when we tried to impart a welcome to all attitude but, that changed when big dollars started getting thrown around, the cars were treated more like the portfolio line item they've become for some and "someone's" need to drive 'perceptions'.

Did someone say a bit juvenile?

Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF
                  Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
                  Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

And how do I get rid of my "grey head" like everyone else?

**Never mind. I figured it out.**
                    Last edited by Hillman; 05-16-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillman View Post
                      The "S" part had me wondering where I belonged but this seems like my kind of place.
                      Glad to hear it! Make sure you submit that car of yours to the registry!

Comment

Working...
                      X