Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got in contact with the seller and they have posted some additional pics and it does indeed have the original sound pad... correct "rubber" speed nuts holding the badging, and also the correct front bumper guards with chrome back and a small vent/slit..

There is a washer bottle in the trunk (barely visible in one of the pics).

E
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

• I’m curious why no one mentioned that it has 40 IDA instead of IDS. Also that a bigger deal wasn’t made about machining virgin, original, date-stamped heads to fit the 2.2 cylinders. Proper 2.0S P’s & C’s are available.
      Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
      Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post
        I’m curious why no one mentioned that it has 40 IDA instead of IDS. Also that a bigger deal wasn’t made about machining virgin, original, date-stamped heads to fit the 2.2 cylinders. Proper 2.0S P’s & C’s are available.
        Hi Frank, I addressed the carbs in this post :

"A note to those looking at the carb pics, the factory did a changeover at engine 960502 to the later 40 IDS carbs,… earlier engines (like this one 960217) had the 40 IDA carbs."

Then Steve Shea posted that you could see the "S" stamp on these early 40IDA's in pic #225.

Here's the factory tech bulletin on the 40IDA's and their changeover to the 40IDS's.

carburator for type 2000s.PDF
        Attached Files
        soterik
        HTH....!
        Last edited by soterik; 06-23-2023, 12:12 AM.
        Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

• Thanks Eric,
          Sorry, I did miss those posts. The original description stated 40IDS so I thought perhaps the car at some point had IDS. How about the flycutting of the heads? Did anyone mention that?
          It does appear that the market is way down; even for top tier cars. This one should have done much, much better.
          Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
          Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Working...
          X