X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dr914 View Post
    I like Charlie, he really knows his stuff and provides parts that he personally developed. Some of these places like Stoddard, Automobile Atlanta and North Hollywood have been in the Porsche business for years and years and each may have their quirks but I know that they all try to please these picky porsche customers especially the ones who get their feelings hurt easily. Porsche is a joy, no reason to treat customers badly and vice versa
    Do you own Automobile Atlanta ?

Comment

Originally posted by wsh View Post

Do you own Automobile Atlanta ?
      LOL!!

Rachael Harris Popcorn GIF by Lucifer

Comment

Service and communication wise: (not talking quality of work once done, because the ugly did incredible work, once done)

The Good (great)

Jbell, Kroon, Performance Orientated, 911 High voltage, Fuchs restoration, Morton Competition, Aase Sale, Ashlock Tech, Winterburn CDI
        Elephant Racing, WEVO, Patrick Motorsports, Catellus Engineering

The Bad

Stoddard (Shipping cost thing)
        M&K - 2k on headers that I had to put a dent in to clear my oil cooler. I was told they fit tight

The Ugly (service NOT WORK QUALITY!!)

Tru6 (50% deposit up front, 5 times the amount of time quoted)
        Sierra Madre (never know what part they are going to ship right away and what will take weeks to get)
        Porsche factory parts (14 months to get left rear quarter)

All of these company's delivered great products and I could not have moved my project forward without them.

Joe D
        Last edited by Dexterpix; 08-13-2023, 05:45 AM.

Comment

I will second AASE, Auto Foreign, Appbiz, and WEVO. I use FCPEuro for my daily and have found a couple of items for my T.

I've bought parts from Dan Petchel but otherwise don't deal much with him as I have a coupe. He's about a 20-minute drive from me which has been handy.

I needed to source a 6-pin CDI box quickly and Ashlock had none but cores he didn't wish to part with. Sent me scrambling to Partsklassik who were able to help, and have been generally. I haven't had any of their parts fail... yet...

Rstrada has been responsive and fairly quick. Waiting to see how well I like the Scart muffler.

Elephant has been great except for my most recent purchase, an oil cooler kit. Even providing my car's specs some plumbing had to be reowrked and fabricated. I blame it on my own car's quirks and features.

I used to have a guy at Stoddard (Paul, can't remember his last name) who was helpful when I called him but don't know that he's still there and haven't had as much help from them as in the past. Not fond of them for the reasons mentioned, ditto Sierra Madre and Pelican.

I'm happy that Harvey did my wheels in 2011 but I don't know that I'd use him again. Life is short and I don't know that I can wait more than a year for parts or service anymore.

Along those lines is Series 900. Folks rave about Damon's shrouds but he never answers emails or voice mails. After hearing my amber shroud was "in the next batch" for a year I just told him to cancel. Ended up buying one from Rothsport who were quick and easy, even if their shroud isn't the amberest (most amber?).

edit: Also happy with LN Engineering and have had some good and productive conversations with Charles.
          teenchy
          short stroke
          Last edited by teenchy; 08-18-2023, 06:15 AM.

Comment

When you need some special fab work done you can't do any better than Jim Tidwell
            jim@tidwell.org

Comment

Seems like many guys just call for parts ? …..I always use my original parts manual for part#’s …then google that part number to get a sense of pricing
              But most Porsche Dealers don't show up on search so I visit their online parts site .
              I have used Gaudin quite often but recently been using Byers Porsche online because shipping form Ohio to Chicago much cheaper than those vendors west of the Rockies …..and their prices are the best I can find.
              Granted there are specialty shops for suspension, brakes, wire harnesses ( have also used Kroon & Restoration Design ) those are already listed here and I have no disagreement.

Don’t understand why anyone would use the “major name” providers unless your buying non Porsche Products like OE or OEM or original mfg., which I never buy
              or maybe want to talk to a live person ….”just use part numbers” . I can assure you that for Real Porsche part numbers “ major name “ vendors price will be at least 10% higher and possibly even higher shipping cost .

I would add Bel Metric (hardware) and McMaster Carr (hoses & hardware )

Comment

Working...
              X