X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin-Allocca View Post
    Spectacular weather in central Virginia and went for 1:45 run.
    Great shot. Makes me jealous when it's 100+ in Texas. Of course, come January we'll be even!

Comment

Took my 67S around the block. Here in WYO around the block is west over Teton Pass into Idaho. Then over Pine Creek Pass to the Snake River then south along the Palisades back into Alpine WY. Then east in the Snake River Canyon to Hoback Junction then north back home to JHWY. We have a few around the block drives but this is the shortest for a spur of the moment trip. The rest require a bivouac or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Shea View Post
        Took my 67S around the block. Here in WYO around the block is west over Teton Pass into Idaho. Then over Pine Creek Pass to the Snake River then south along the Palisades back into Alpine WY. Then east in the Snake River Canyon to Hoback Junction then north back home to JHWY. We have a few around the block drives but this is the shortest for a spur of the moment trip. The rest require a bivouac or two.
        No pics?

Comment

No too busy driving, next time.

Comment

Was hoping that on THIS forum “What did you do to your 911 today” actually pertained to did and not do with your 911. How about a separate thread such as “Where did you drive your 911 today” to separate the two activities?

Comment

Driving is a form of maintenance is it not. Exercising the car. I did check the tire pressures before setting off.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Shea View Post
                Driving is a form of maintenance is it not. Exercising the car. I did check the tire pressures before setting off.
                This a benefit of Air cooled Porsche ownership, rarely experienced with other marques.

Comment

Heading to Johnsons alignment tomorrow to raise back up to "euro ride height" and slightly less camber in anticipation of more rally type driving and better tire wear. Hope I don't miss it too much. Still keeping the fatter torsion bars, 18mm late sways and raised spindles.

Comment

Pic before. With 205 60 Yoko's on 7s
                    Attached Files

Comment

Back on the gun...........
                      Final clear coat on front passenger fender. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.0 KB ID:	4533 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1301.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	4534
                      Last edited by bob joyce; 06-29-2022, 03:14 PM. Reason: xxxxxxx

Comment

probably everyone on the planet new this, but me......
                        weeks ago, i had small pin holes in my clear coat on a few pieces
                        I had been trying to resolve why for a time before moving forward with the clear process.
                        Resolved. I had wet sanded with dish soap a few parts and rinsed them extremely thoroughly including a final rinse down with streaming water and 1200# sandpaper
                        OK.
                        Dawn dish soap is very special stuff. It is the only dish soap that the bird rescuers use to wash oil off of birds.
                        The reason is that other detergents strip the birds of their protective oils, and they often did not do well after the cleaning.
                        So, that was it. Although i cleaned and rinsed diligently, the Dawn left a "protective " residue.
                        Now I have deep sanded all the parts that i had previously wet sanded with Dawn and now I am back to nice clear surfaces.

Comment

New rockers for 301100 courtesy of the nice folks at Restoration Design. My metal guy (and great friend), Alberto Segatore, doing his magic.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5939.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.8 KB ID:	4539

Comment

Yesterday I took 150 Mile run to clear most of my March fuel out and get some fresh fuel in. Did an unusual run east to Lockhart and instead of heading north towards Austin, went south to make a circle back to San Antonio. Nice roads, 100 degrees first and then caught a couple of strong rain showers on the way back. Car ran like a top.
                            Today I finally got around to changing out the door strikers that had the plastic breaking out.
                            Simple and quick job. Then I took lunch from Rudys Barbecue to the guys at Jones Autowerkes who got my A/C leak taken care of on Monday.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7174.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	4548

Comment

does this door open and close smoothly and is the door flush with q panel ?
                              i ask because the striker should be vertical. Yours is 12;30 or so.
                              and the pointer should line up with the bump.
                              it looks to me that if you did that. The door would still be flush with Q panel but the mechanism would work as designed.

Comment

Thanks Bob, I'll check it out. I tried to place them exactly where the dirt marks were. Door operates smoothly and door is flush with qpanel, but i'll verify.

Comment

Working...
                                X