Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    Ok, things back to good between you,two? Ha ha
    Yes, people and things change. Life's too short to be mad.

Comment

Ed is correct George,

Comment

Measured the crank, every diameter is within first spec. I have a shop lined up for controls/repairs.

Now 8 out of 12 valve guides have excessive play, and one exhaust stud pulled out, with the helicoil, to leave a grossly ovalised hole. Welding time.

Comment

Looks like you have everything under control.

Comment

The hits keep coming.
            Look at this block webbing, it is the one where the bearing got *really* hot.

the crank and block will go to an engine pro for evaluation. they might be scrap.

Th block will go with Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20240310-WA0005.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	12384 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20240310-WA0002.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	12385 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20240310-WA0000.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	12386

Comment

I think there is still hope in the right hands. Is that the original case to the chassis?

Comment

Hi Rick,
                Yes the original engine. That's why it is going in for assessment. We'll crunch numbers and go the most reasonable way, weighing in the "numbers matching" thing.

Anything can be repaired, only a matter of $$. I like the chalenge.

Comment

Engine waiting to leave this week to a pro workshop. In the meantime I cleaned the workshop (tons of greasy grime) and went forward with the door panels.
                  georgek
                  2.0L, for real
                  Last edited by georgek; 03-18-2024, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Picture changed

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20240318-WA0001.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	12465

Comment

Originally posted by georgek View Post
                      Picture changed

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20240318-WA0001.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	12465
                      I like all the red. But those door pockets are a custom touch, right?

Comment

I *think* they were available in red. The pros will chime in.
                        that said, I recovered these.

Comment

I think anything was available. Either way I like the red. I have a red/black interior in my Macan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Cabell View Post
                            I think anything was available. Either way I like the red. I have a red/black interior in my Macan.
                            That's interestng. Never seen this. Would it have been on the Kardex? Any of the other experts have an opinion?
                            soterik
                            HTH....!
                            soterik have you ever seen this?

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

That's interestng. Never seen this. Would it have been on the Kardex? Any of the other experts have an opinion?
                              soterik
                              HTH....!
                              soterik have you ever seen this?
                              No, I haven't. Jeff Smith did a conversion on his silver 911T to this look, and I thought it was great. I spoke to Tony at Autobahn about it this morning, and he's never had a set of door pockets come through that were anything but black. Tony's been at this for at least 40 years, he was at Autos Intl prior to opening his own shop.

Never say Never though! To me the "telltail" would be the backing of the vinyl and the grain, if it matched the typical black that was offered in the day.

E
                              Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                              autoforeign@gmail.com
                              67S's......

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
                                I spoke to Tony at Autobahn about it this morning, and he's never had a set of door pockets come through that were anything but black. Tony's been at this for at least 40 years, he was at Autos Intl prior to opening his own shop.

Never say Never though! To me the "telltail" would be the backing of the vinyl and the grain, if it matched the typical black that was offered in the day.

E
                                Likewise, I sent an email to a friend in Italy who did the interior on my Italian 72T. He's 77 and has seen and done, in his words, "thousands of these cars" and is adamant that factory door pockets were always black. But, like
                                soterik
                                HTH....!
                                soterik said, never say never. Maybe if your dealer had a great factory relationship or you were some kind of VIP??

Either way, I think they're cool.

Season 2 Yes GIF by Paramount+

Comment

Working...
                              X