X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 911 Jack Base Blue Color

Hi - Does anyone know the name or number of the blue base color for an early 911 300xxx VIN? Thank you.

I restore jacks for the 356 and early 911/912s. For the base, I use a paint that I have mixed that is a perfect match for the original blue. I matched the color by eye, so I don't have a formula. I paint the base using an airbrush. Many people who restore their own jacks and are not too picky use Dupicolor's Ford Engine Blue. For most people it is close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by swb911gal View Post
      Hi - Does anyone know the name or number of the blue base color for an early 911 300xxx VIN? Thank you.
      Been asked many times over the years and I don't think I've ever seen a precise answer.

Comment

Originally posted by PRS911 View Post
        I restore jacks for the 356 and early 911/912s. For the base, I use a paint that I have mixed that is a perfect match for the original blue. I matched the color by eye, so I don't have a formula. I paint the base using an airbrush. Many people who restore their own jacks and are not too picky use Dupicolor's Ford Engine Blue. For most people it is close enough.
        If possible that you could do a tech article on the jacks, it would really be appreciated. I know there's info on the 356 Registry (somewhere) and probably in my library of back issues of the magazine. Don't recall if there's an actual tech article on the 911/912 on the old forum.

It would be great for those of us who don't know "jack".....

Tks,
        Eric
        Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

I will give some thought to the project.

Peter

Comment

I will give some thought to the project.

Peter
            There's a free e911r t-shirt in it for you!

Comment

I am incorruptible.

Comment

I am incorruptible.
                Did I say t-shirt? I meant to say TWO t-shirts.
                JP
                aka LiveFromNY
                Last edited by JP; 03-08-2023, 11:52 AM.

Comment

If you are a member of the 356 Reg: https://forum.porsche356registry.org/viewtopic.php?p=423244#p423244

Home Brew

Rustoleum Royal Blue

mathieulecomte
                  '65 Bahama 912
                  Last edited by mathieulecomte; 03-08-2023, 11:19 AM.

Comment

My request on a tech article wouldn't be for restoration purposes... but more for identification purposes. What's the difference between a late 356 jack with a blue base, and a 1967 jack with a blue base. When I sold my 67S targa last summer, I used a KNOWN 67S jack that I had restored with that car. Seeing a few jacks at the lit meet, and still needing a few more, I had no idea beyond "blue base" as to what I needed.

tks,
                    E
                    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                    autoforeign@gmail.com
                    67S's......

Comment

If you have access to the discussion on the 356 Registry you will see that I am an active participant in the discussion. The photo of the base in the post above is one that I restored using my "home brew."

Soterik, the jack for the 67 is identical to the jacks for the 63-65 356s. I brought one I restored to this year's Lit Meet and it got snapped up pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
                        My request on a tech article wouldn't be for restoration purposes... but more for identification purposes. What's the difference between a late 356 jack with a blue base, and a 1967 jack with a blue base. When I sold my 67S targa last summer, I used a KNOWN 67S jack that I had restored with that car. Seeing a few jacks at the lit meet, and still needing a few more, I had no idea beyond "blue base" as to what I needed.

tks,
                        E
                        Me too. I have piles of jacks and no idea what car(s) they belong to.

Comment

Feel free to PM me with photos of what you have and I will help identify them. I know 356 jacks and 911 jacks up to 1970. The 912 jacks are the same as the 911 jacks.

Comment

These are the official Bilstein & TyhssenKrupp color codes:

the Blues:
                            RAL 5015 Sky Blue
                            RAL 5010 Gentian Blue
                            RAL 5007 Brillant Blue

The Yellow:
                            RAL 1018 Zink Yellow

I will try to verificate this tomorrow with the color I do have on my jack. Others please chime in
                            Attached Files
                            haul
                            it´s easy on a triumph
                            Last edited by haul; 03-08-2023, 02:36 PM.
                            erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Haul, the closest color is 3b on the color chart.

Comment

Working...
                              X