Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a neophyte question, although I guess even Elon doesn't know for real, how many users does Twitter have?

Comment

• Elon along with a lot of his other attributes understand quantitative calculations.
      so bye know he probable has an idea

Comment

• I actually feel sorry for Elon, when I think of so many better uses for his 13 billion. Between him and the FTX shit show, what a waste!

Comment

• Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
          I actually feel sorry for Elon, when I think of so many better uses for his 13 billion. Between him and the FTX shit show, what a waste!
          How very liberal of you to be planning on how to spend someone else's money.

Comment

• Not sure how FTX debacle has any parallels to Elon Musk's productive career, Pay Pal, Space X ,Tesla and his latest adventure into Twitter.. all except the last are immensely successful endeavors... If you want to opine over wasted effort / money, look no further then our Nation's Capital ...

Comment

• https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2022/...to-profit.html

"This means Twitter’s net margin, going forward, is now about 28%. By way of comparison, Apple and Google both maintain net margins in the 22 to 25% range. In other words, Twitter is now more profitable than those companies."

Elon wins.
              JP
              aka LiveFromNY
              Last edited by JP; 11-24-2022, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• That is assuming he has the same income. From what I have read many of the bigger accounts have left, something like 50% of his advertising income. Still lots to be determined, that said, he is smarter than your average bear.

Comment

• Here. We. Go.
                  https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1...EswVezUIA&s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                    That is assuming he has the same income. From what I have read many of the bigger accounts have left, something like 50% of his advertising income. Still lots to be determined, that said, he is smarter than your average bear.
                    But let's be careful that we don't confuse income with "accounts" or "advertisers". These large accounts who may have "paused" their advertising (although many have already returned) are Twitter's lowest margin clients as large accounts usually are. And my ad buyers are seeing no dramatic increase in ad space availability on Twitter right now suggesting it's likely that other advertisers have already stepped in and absorbed much of the available ad opportunity.
                    JP
                    aka LiveFromNY
                    Last edited by JP; 12-03-2022, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aussie24 View Post
                      Not sure how FTX debacle has any parallels to Elon Musk's productive career, Pay Pal, Space X ,Tesla and his latest adventure into Twitter.. all except the last are immensely successful endeavors... If you want to opine over wasted effort / money, look no further then our Nation's Capital ...
                      As Aussie24 says: Elon has some very profitable businesses, and dominates a few rather large markets - a couple that have not been acknowledged yet - included. He has been quoted as saying that he felt both the SpaceX and the Electric car(Tesla) ventures were most likely to fail when he started them, using basically all of his wealth to do so

He became disinterested in Pay Pal because the partners did not want to go in the direction he envisioned for it. So he backed away, but kept his holdings. Read up on that time in his career and you can see what he now plans to do with Twitter. Picture a combination of Twitter, PayPal, YouTube, Square, and your bank and you will be coming close.

One interesting thing that I heard the other day from a Tesla / SpaceX veteran is that the way Elon sets company goals is rather unique. He has a 1000 year mission for each of his companies, and everyone that works there knows what it is and that they are working toward that goal. "Making Humanity MultiPlanetary" is one, and "Accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy" is another. We are fortunate to be alive at the same time as this individual. He just put his fortune on the line again so that we could see the level of depravity existing in our leaders and the corporate media before it becomes too late.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/bQlxvBh2eS4

Comment

• Aussie24
                          Aussie24
                          Aussie24 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well beyond my 'pay grade' ... do you know the base of his chips, silicone is nearing its chemical ability to compress and store bits..my understanding is the next breakthrough will be in saline solutions.. Even if Musk fails at Twitter, he will rebound to continue to add value to society!

• Chips are silicon TSMC 7nm currently, but pushing forward of course. Here’s a great tutorial at depth on DOJO. Quite a machine - and I am familiar with supercomputing back to the Cray XMP era. https://youtu.bee/uE2f7kiRhmw

Comment

Working...
                        X