X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aussie24 View Post
    Have been restricted in pointing out overweight people by my wife ( who weighs 114 ) she says it's disrespectful.. I now say " they are easy to see"
    And that's the problem. They should be direspected. Judged. Shamed. Shame is one of the most powerful social forces we have and plays a huge role in keeping the best of society from becoming the worst of society. Trust me, nobody would want anything to do with me in a world without shame.

T-shirts I had made a couple years back. Elicits both high-fives and raised eyebrows (in a 2-1 ratio, thank God).

Click image for larger version  Name:	judging.png Views:	0 Size:	442.2 KB ID:	7045

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
      It's the corn syrup, read your labels its in everything, even stuff you would think doesn't need it.
      It's the calories. I have the worst eating habits of anyone you know. Yet I weigh the same today as I did when I graduated college. Why? Self-respect and fear of being shamed.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

And that's the problem. They should be direspected. Judged. Shamed. Shame is one of the most powerful social forces we have and plays a huge role in keeping the best of society from becoming the worst of society. Trust me, nobody would want anything to do with me in a world without shame.

T-shirts I had made a couple years back. Elicits both high-fives and raised eyebrows (in a 2-1 ratio, thank God).

Click image for larger version Name:	judging.png Views:	0 Size:	442.2 KB ID:	7045
        I own one and wear it proudly!
        Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
        Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post

I own one and wear it proudly!
          lol. That's right, folks. I dress Frank. Very proud. #nomomjeans

Comment

Yes, I'm serious.

Obesity is the second leading cause of preventable death in the U.S. behind only tobacco use (and it's catching up fast). It kills American of all colors but is particularly deadly in the black and hispanic communities. Yet the woke left not only condemns the judging and shaming of fat people, they consistently advocate for celebrating it and take joy in declaring fat people beautiful and even healthy.
            Daaayem...this is about as off-topic as it gets. I normally wouldn't touch this...but I disagree JP that "the left are any different than the right" on this subject. Nobody has successfully cornered the market on what correctly is ugly vs beautiful...up to the beholder, healthy vs unhealthy...up to the individual. At this point in my life, I strongly believe that you are where you are based on the decisions you have made...with very few exceptions. We all know personally if we lead healthy lifestyles or not...nobody needs to tell us, and nobody but ourselves to blame. Flame away

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
              Daaayem...this is about as off-topic as it gets. I normally wouldn't touch this...but I disagree JP that "the left are any different than the right" on this subject. Nobody has successfully cornered the market on what correctly is ugly vs beautiful...up to the beholder, healthy vs unhealthy...up to the individual. At this point in my life, I strongly believe that you are where you are based on the decisions you have made...with very few exceptions. We all know personally if we lead healthy lifestyles or not...nobody needs to tell us, and nobody but ourselves to blame. Flame away
              Interesting.

So what if your daughter is a heroin addict? You let her roll with it? What if she's a cutter? Or has suicidal tendencies?

JP
              aka LiveFromNY
              Last edited by JP; 08-16-2022, 06:34 PM.

Comment

You are correct, you are what you are due to your decisions. I think what JP is saying, is why we are celebrating obesity instead of expressing concern for the problem. This is an ongoing public health concern. I agree this is not just the libs, remember how much fried Michelle got for her garden and exercise promotion for children?
                The libs accept the problem to not alienate their voters, but the conservative side fights against healthy school lunches and nutritional information on packaging. Junk food is big business. Has anybody here seen how much cheese is consumed per capita? If I recall correctly something around 35lbs a year. It might not be so bad if it was really cheese and not some vegetable oil based product.
                Have you ever seen how many calories are in a Frappuccino at Starbucks?

Comment

Interesting.

So what if your daughter is a heroin addict? You letter her roll with it? What if she's a cutter? Or has suicidal tendencies?
                  To be fair...conversation was about health decisions individuals make. Not about drug use or mental health. I get it that those are deeper societal problems/issues that require-demand professional help. Lets stay somewhat on point...you were talking about fat people and poor choices.

Comment

To be fair...conversation was about health decisions individuals make. Not about drug use or mental health. I get it that those are deeper societal problems/issues that require-demand professional help. Lets stay somewhat on point...you were talking about fat people and poor choices.
                    To be fair, this conversation was about why the left excuses people killing themselves.

I see no difference between someone who kiils themselves with drugs and someone who kills themselves with food. But again, why does the left insist we celebrate the latter and admire their bodies, while - under no circumstances - being allowed to criticize the lifestyle choices that are killing them. I can only assume that the left wants fat people to die because they hate them. Prove me wrong.
                    JP
                    aka LiveFromNY
                    Last edited by JP; 08-16-2022, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Explain this:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/22/healt...ess/index.html

Comment

Prove me wrong.
                        JP, no desire (or ambition) to prove you wrong. BTW, wouldn't that suggest fewer voters available/alive to vote "left" (no double entendre intended)? In a society that currently foists inclusivity and diversity on us daily...I STILL reserve the right to think what I think, and judge anybody. And for the most part I keep it to myself...just the way I was raised..." If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything." Then there are the days I channel Mr Beck and I can't help myself when someone starts explaining their pronouns.
                        This it for me...gotta go wrench on something. I'm a technical guy, that just realised that "off topic" is too taxing on my brain....I'm going to go rebuild some 356 brake cylinders.
                        Thanks for the opportunity to engage!

Comment

I want a t-shirt !!
                          John Audette
                          www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

JP, no desire (or ambition) to prove you wrong. BTW, wouldn't that suggest fewer voters available/alive to vote "left" (no double entendre intended)? In a society that currently foists inclusivity and diversity on us daily...I STILL reserve the right to think what I think, and judge anybody. And for the most part I keep it to myself...just the way I was raised..." If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything." Then there are the days I channel Mr Beck and I can't help myself when someone starts explaining their pronouns.
                            This it for me...gotta go wrench on something. I'm a technical guy, that just realised that "off topic" is too taxing on my brain....I'm going to go rebuild some 356 brake cylinders.
                            Thanks for the opportunity to engage!
                            All good, buddy! Appreciate your thoughts and participation!

Adidas L GIF by Sneakersnstuff

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
                              I want a t-shirt !!
                              lol. If you're willing to wear a "More Judging" t-shirt when walking around Bend, OR I'm more than willing to send you one. Just make sure you record your interactions.

Comment

If we are judging... pro Trump districts had higher death rates from Covid than Biden districts. I don't see many slim people in Texas, could it be that although libs make them feel good conservatives ignore the problem entirely.
                              By the way have any of you been to a hospital lately? The number of health care professionals who are overweight is surprising.

Comment

Working...
                              X