Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst car. Hmm. Well, there was my first car, a 1968 Fiat 850 Spyder. "Fix It Again Tony". Then there was a 1973 Vega. We left that one sitting in front of the apartment until the city hauled it away. And let's not even talk about RVs, which in terms of being POS are in a class of their own.

Comment

81 Trans Am. Last year of 2nd gen F body, first year of ECM, 301 v8 with 130 hp back when they had to detune engines to deal with the Democrats first fuel/energy crisis. It was a tank and a turd with t tops that always leaked with brand new GM weatherstrip.

Comment

Originally posted by raspritz View Post
        Well, there was my first car, a 1968 Fiat 850 Spyder. "Fix It Again Tony"
        Memories! I had a '73 that I loved. I still think it was one of the prettiest cars I ever owned. Unfortunately, try as we might, we could NOT keep it running for any extended period of time. It was really more art than car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fiat850.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	2942

Comment

Originally posted by Crankys Paint View Post
          81 Trans Am. Last year of 2nd gen F body, first year of ECM, 301 v8 with 130 hp back when they had to detune engines to deal with the Democrats first fuel/energy crisis. It was a tank and a turd with t tops that always leaked with brand new GM weatherstrip.
          I'm going to second this one as I bought the last one off the lot of a NJ Pontiac dealer in '82.

Funny story from my NYC days way back when...

I'd owned my car for about six months and was just realizing how much I hated it when I noticed another one parking near me in the underground garage of my apartment building in Manhattan. Over a couple months I noticed that the driver was a young man and we smiled and nodded at each other a couple times in brief recognition of our twin black Trans Ams.

Fast forward a couple months more and I'm invited to a party by another neighbor at which the owner of the other Trans Am was also in attendance.

At some point we found ourselves in the same group of people and I mentioned to him that I knew him from his car. He smiled and replied "I thought that was you, aren't they GREAT cars?". I almost felt bad seeing the look on his face telling him how unhappy I was with mine and why it was anything but a great car. "We'll, maybe.", he said, "But the ladies love it. I swear I had a couple chasing after it when I left the bar the other night".

"But, Don," came a reply from someone standing off to the side, "you're a NY Yankee."

Don Mattingly. It seems he had opportunities to love his car that I simply did not.
          Gananarama
          2.0L
          Last edited by Gananarama; 05-29-2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gananarama View Post
            Don Mattingly. It seems he had opportunities to love his car that I simply did not.
            Too funny. I love my Chevy Citation X-11 for the same reasons.

Comment

Standing in the pits with Joe Huffaker, who at the time was fielding a Pontiac Fiero for the factory. A guy walks over and says to Joe, "I have a Fiero", Joe replies "I am so sorry"

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                Standing in the pits with Joe Huffaker, who at the time was fielding a Pontiac Fiero for the factory. A guy walks over and says to Joe, "I have a Fiero", Joe replies "I am so sorry"

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

Comment

My wife's 11/02 VW Touareg. 267 or 276th produced car. Green over green with air suspension,.....
                  Fun to drive on Autobahn and the Alps, but most of the time we had to drive to the VW workshop. Finally sold after 18 month and 40+ workshop visits.

Comment

1982 Camero Berlinetta V6 like this one, not mine. And several other American cars of the period I could afford. Zero reliability and interiors were terrible.

Name:	712863DD-817B-48AB-86E7-9A4E6B3443B4.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	3196

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Awesome View Post
                      interiors were terrible.
                      Agreed. Chevy LOVES their plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Awesome View Post
                        1982 Camero Berlinetta V6 like this one, not mine. And several other American cars of the period I could afford. Zero reliability and interiors were terrible.
                        Yes, terrible cars. But I wanted one as a teenager when they came out. Remember the commercials?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	download.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.9 KB ID:	3495 Click image for larger version  Name:	fl0114-172413_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.9 KB ID:	3496 Click image for larger version  Name:	30711823_1627171193984789_3550950523630780416_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.7 KB ID:	3497 Also a 82 Z28 Camaro. 305 V8 that was just gutless. At 100 mph the perfectly adjusted hood flapped around so much I thought it was going to open. Gaps, paint overall fit and finish was just awful.
                          I also had a Copper orange metallic Citation X11. Equally poor fit and finish. For whatever reason I loved that car and wish I still had it.

Now for my dream car. This car is on my mind all the time. Buy a 190SL vin plate with a throw away car attached. I can't do that to a 300SL Coupe. I might get killed. Now have a full Titanium frame?, pan?, and Titanium Euro horizontal racing type suspension built with a full aluminum hand pounded body. Plaid seats, period switches, custom forged wheels 17's, 18's that look correct, etc. Driveline? Probably a new aluminum inline 6 turboed and dressed out to look like it belongs. 1800 pounds maybe. This picture haunts me. I would want the very best fabricator's in the world to build it. I figure maybe 2 million ish to build. At 70 I'm guessing this ain't gonna happen. Even if I had the money the wait list for folks like that would be endless.
                          Chris Pomares
                          2.4L
                          Last edited by Chris Pomares; 06-07-2022, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post
                            I also had a Coper metallic Citation X11. Equally poor fit and finish. For whatever reason I loved that car and wish I still had it.
                            Finally! Another man of good taste! Here's mine in all its glory.

Name:	x11.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	3473

Comment

Awesome JP!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post
                                Awesome JP!
                                See,
                                Frank Beck