Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool and well deserved!

Comment

I called the break in procedure completed on my car after 2000 km and did an oil change, just some very fine powder on the magnetic plugs. It haven't missed a beat so far and runs very strong.

This Sunday I attended a car show at the King of Swedens summer castle and the very nice surroundings. It's nice to live in a country where your King and his family can just walk around like any other man and take a good look and chat with fellow petrolheads.

Click image for larger version  Name:	22-034.jpg Views:	0 Size:	281.7 KB ID:	6831
      He just passed my car after chatting with the owner of a race Speedster.

The day after it was time to drive a very fast course on an airfield on another event, very demanding for both car and driver. I have driven there a lot and I didn't expect my car to be as fast as it really was, and the roadholding was no less then fantastic. I will take this as an examination and I hope to be able to take this car to the Nurburgring later this year. I have a sweet enamel badge I don't want to mount to the car before I've driven it on the ring.

Click image for larger version  Name:	22-035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.4 KB ID:	6832
      I used a set of Fuchs replicas from Group 4 Wheels for the Michelin TB5R+ tires, 7"x15" with 7R-offset and 18/60x15 tires (eqv. to 225/50x15). The same set I use on my 924S trackday car, I just add some spacer when used on the 911.

a video from my fastest run, I have to find a 37cm steering wheel, the 35 cm Prototipo I found for $10 on a market is too small

Comment

Driving season is over here and I managed to do 5350 km and no breakdowns, the first year after the long resto. I'm so happy for this car and for the positive response I get wherever I go with it.
        The 924S -86 is occupying the garage for some updates, then it's time to go through the 911 before I can take it to the NĂĽrburgring in ~April.

Some photos

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_x1433.jpg Views:	9 Size:	203.3 KB ID:	8740
        the legendary race shop Perrys Motor, they did the rebuild of engine and trans

Click image for larger version  Name:	öland-03.jpg Views:	8 Size:	166.6 KB ID:	8741
        my first car meet in many years

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_x1791.jpg Views:	8 Size:	281.6 KB ID:	8742

Click image for larger version  Name:	22-027.jpg Views:	8 Size:	139.1 KB ID:	8743

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_x1838.jpg Views:	8 Size:	172.2 KB ID:	8748
        My friend Thomas in the 991 gt3 rs makes instant friends with all the kids that come in, the dads go to my car. He let's them all try the seat for a selfie – that's a good way to get kids to like Porsche. Honestly, they are not so excited over my old car.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_x1855.jpg Views:	8 Size:	172.6 KB ID:	8744
        ...then they vote for him to win People's Choice

Click image for larger version  Name:	rs.jpg Views:	8 Size:	226.2 KB ID:	8745
        I got some seat time in this RS -73, it is so much cooler then my car. Note-to-self; add to wishlist-for-christmas

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_x2866_.jpg Views:	8 Size:	253.7 KB ID:	8746
        It's so nice to drive sunny days

Click image for larger version  Name:	22-042.jpg Views:	8 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	8747
        this was just days before the first snow
        Last edited by gtBen; 12-02-2022, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Looks like a great summer! That's a lot of km to drive in Sweden, .. so now you wait till Spring! God Jul och Gott Nytt Ar! (jag har ingen punkt).

Eric
          Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
          autoforeign@gmail.com
          67S's......

Comment

Thanks Eric, it is a lot. God Jul och Gott Nytt Ă…r to you too

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_x3742.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	10354
              I took the car out of hibernation a few weeks ago and into my home garage for preparation for a special trip ...I'm going to the Nurburgring in a few days

Since I only have one 911 it had to be ”modified” a little for this occasion, so modern carbonfiber sport seats were going in and some more kg's have been taken off and some more lightweight parts used. It is now down to around 1090kg with me and a full tank of fuel. I will be driving on Michelin TB5R+ semi slicks on Group4wheels 7R replicas.

Comment

Beautiful car. If I were to replace my car it would probably be a 74. I have my eye on a Peru Red 74 that my friend is saving for me tell the day I sell mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post
                  Beautiful car. If I were to replace my car it would probably be a 74. I have my eye on a Peru Red 74 that my friend is saving for me tell the day I sell mine.
                  Thanks but when parked side by side with an early car ...my car fades

Comment

Hey. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And the 74 is still light and emissions free.

Comment

Here are some pics from my recent trip to Nurburgring. It was as good as it looks, the car drove like a dream but it lacks a bit of power to better keep up with modern cars.
                      Unfortunately there was an informal meet up (Car Freitag) ala modern cars/modern car culture, I don't know how many extra visitors it actually was but 20 thousand extra and 100 cops were expected. That meant traffic jam everywhere all the time, so 1 hour to the track, 1hour to leave the track, 1 hour to go from the track. 5hour in traffic jam on the Friday alone.
                      Good thing was that it was like to drive during a competetion with thousands of people in some spots, so crowded. My car really stood out, I only saw a handful of other older cars driving on the track during the whole weekend.
                      I managed to do 17 laps but left 1-2 days early due to the over crowded situation.

Name:	racetracker_mindre-01.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	10567

Name:	nurb-17.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	10568

Name:	nurb-18.jpg