X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom F2 View Post
    I owned a 77 black/lt red for many years. They are fascinating cars technically, beautiful to look at, but just not as nice to drive day-to-day as NA 911s. It's a combination of many things, including weight bias, that four-speed transmission, and engine performance that can barely be enjoyed in normal driving.
    My ‘89 has the G50 which is a big upgrade but my previous ‘76 was very hard to enjoy. Still, the 5-speed doesn’t solve everything and I don’t enjoy my 930 as much as any of my 911’s.

Love the black/red, Tom. Light red is my favorite interior color ever.

Comment

Boy, did I screw up!
      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ign=2022-05-07

Comment

Originally posted by georgek View Post
        All factory. Nice history behind that one:

https://ferdinandmagazine.com/porsch...ather-interior

Had it for 8 years.
        amazing story, thank you for the sunday morning read…

and @franz
        love the vid…gorgeous…

and this one here is just for sale since yesterday in my hometown….
        Attached Files
        haul
        it´s easy on a triumph
        Last edited by haul; 05-08-2022, 02:48 AM.
        erwin_loves_polo

Comment

priced at 139.900, this is his ad text:

“I am selling my 930 turbo, which I have owned for 33 years since 1989.
          Since then it has never seen a winter and has only been driven in good weather, hence the low mileage.
          Immediately after buying it in 1989, I had the car upgraded by RUF in Pfaffenhausen. There are registered 333 HP or 245 KW
          The color is called "moss green metallic" inside it is in the cult cover "Paschavelour in connection with leather"
          The rims were polished to a high gloss in 1989 and the rim star was painted in the color of the car.
          The inspections were always carried out by the RUF company, which is documented by the checkbook.
          It has air conditioning and a sunroof, as it is a Porsche works car that was first registered in 1981 for the Porsche Stuttgart company.“
          Attached Files
          erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Haul, That Pashavelour is the bomb. Too bad it’s brown. If it’s a 4 speed… it still gets a thumbs up because of the HP increase.
            Unless they’ve got some serious added HP, very unfun to drive in town. Stock car is bipolar. Literally Jekyll and Hyde.
            Frank Beck
            Banned
            Last edited by Frank Beck; 05-09-2022, 06:20 AM.
            Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
            Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Today I dropped by the owner of the Paschavelours, as I had been at his place some years ago in order to buy an ex mitary T4 awd, and of course I noticed his turbo. He did not want to sell it 4 years ago…. nevertheless, it has the four gear box in it, he is 2nd custodian of the car, first owner is the factory itself. The RUF kit was about 15k deutsch mark, which is about 7.5K € now, but at this time some money. He clocks about 1.5K km per year on it in order to have everything settled…..
              erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Originally posted by FC356 View Post
                I've owned my 84 Euro 930 Factory Slant since 2013 or so....originally imported by Scottsdale Porsche...all original GR on Cork with non slatted fenders. 111k miles and always driven to events, including Boca Parade, Werks Amelia Island etc....
                FC, good to bump into you again! My bud and I spoke we you at length this year during Weres Amelia earlier this year.. me from the MD/DC/Va area and he out of ATL. We were the Diamond Blue Met 87 930. Your wife was so happy that we made over to talks cars. Good to see you here.

Comment

• FC356
                  FC356 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow!! your 930 is absolutely stellar...the color combo is really spectacular. Werks is a fine show and I enjoyed visiting with you 2...I already have hotel res for next year. Hope to see you there again.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Porsche1.jpg Views:	78 Size:	170.5 KB ID:	1963 Click image for larger version  Name:	Rdoor.jpg Views:	80 Size:	119.9 KB ID:	1964
                My long term 1978 930- build #0012
                AJR Slantnose conversion by previous owner
                Last edited by onboost; 05-29-2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Onboost….
                  love the interior and those seats/controls are awesome!

Comment

I always wanted a 76-77. Something appeals to me about the flat rear wing, smaller Fuchs and the lack of intercooler. Plus, love the turbo stickers on the rear quarter that some of them had. I had a 88 944 Turbo S and it had a similar sticker on the front right fender so brings back memories.

Comment

My 81 being held up during the inaugural Cannonball One lap. Getting a ticket for average speed between Portland and some point of the Inland Empire.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	david cannonball4.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	2049

Comment

Here is my sleeper with a twin scroll Garrett on coilovers. Lower boost threshold and 8:41 rear diff enhance drivability a lot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	2399
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1511.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.4 KB ID:	2402
                        Last edited by Tonger; 05-21-2022, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                          My 81 being held up during the inaugural Cannonball One lap. Getting a ticket for average speed between Portland and some point of the Inland Empire.

Name:	david cannonball4.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	2049
                          This probably my favorite post so far. Would love to hear more of the story!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonger View Post
                            Here is my sleeper with a twin scroll Garrett on coilovers. Lower boost threshold and 8:41 rear diff enhance drivability a lot.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	2399
                            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1511.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.4 KB ID:	2402
                            All turbos should be this color!

Comment

Speaking of Turbos. Couple interesting cars on BaT this week:

An '87 special ordered in Orange Pearl Metallic:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...turbo-coupe-4/

Name:	orange turbo.png
Views:	288
Size:	823.8 KB
ID:	3000

Comment

Working...
                              X