Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we attract more young people to the world of early 911's?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sebaroher View Post

Relocate to Florida and I'll take you up on that offer
    Funny.
    Florida is a sanitorium for those who are close to death and the mentally insane.

But it would be a great place for our racing side.
    Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
    Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

I just love Frank. I may move to Arizona.
      John Audette
      www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
        I just love Frank. I may move to Arizona.
        It's got the scenery for sure.....but I don't know about the heat!

Comment

Update - the 18yr old I hired - worthless. In short he has zero hunger, no sense of time and how slow he is going, I have to touch up every single thing he has done, uses supplies like they are plentiful and free. It is a parent level training, the kid doesn’t understand soap, I don’t think I should pay him I think his parents should pay me $50hr to teach him how to be - would still be cheaper than college and possibly more productive.

I’m back to what I have been recommended by all my industry buddies - do not bother hiring anyone under 32, possibly raising that age to 35 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by VintageExcellence View Post
            Update - the 18yr old I hired - worthless. In short he has zero hunger, no sense of time and how slow he is going, I have to touch up every single thing he has done, uses supplies like they are plentiful and free. It is a parent level training, the kid doesn’t understand soap, I don’t think I should pay him I think his parents should pay me $50hr to teach him how to be - would still be cheaper than college and possibly more productive.

I’m back to what I have been recommended by all my industry buddies - do not bother hiring anyone under 32, possibly raising that age to 35 soon.
            Bahahahaha!!
            The kid “who did his own M3 manual swap”?
            Don’t you want to just punch his dad in the face?

Parents are a HUGE part of the problem.

“No sense of time.” That’s because production and efficiency were probably never even discussed in his home, much less taught.

Give me a person with character and I can teach them to do anything.

Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post

Bahahahaha!!

“No sense of time.” That’s because production and efficiency were probably never even discussed in his home, much less taught.

Exactly!

I blame most of this on these kids' parents. Although I get tired of: "this is an adjustable wrench, this is a 3/8 drive ratchet, etc." I can get past all that and teach these kids I work with how to be a good mechanic. Unfortunately, most are too self absorbed in their phones and social media to have a desire to want to work hard. They just simply do not care. They just want to show up, do the bare minimum, go home and collect a paycheck. I believe most of these issues stem from their upbringing and by the time they get to us, it's often times too late for us to turn these kids around. All we can do is make sure we don't raise our kids to be like these asshats.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post

Bahahahaha!!

He told me his dad is my age and went to another local high school near mine - so ya I do want to punch him in the face, probably know him.

Another update the kid traded his manual swap BMW straight across for a boy racer slammed 350z with a welded differential and carbon fiber fenders with that boy racer bent in wheel stance. They way he handles tools I am thinking he lied about doing the manual swap himself.

I’m moving operations to Thailand, the kids here are f*cking great. Polite and work hard 6 day weeks for 10% of the money. I’m learning Thai now กฎของปอร์เช่ระบายความร้อนด้วยอากาศ

Comment

So, do you think the Ferrari guys worry about getting young people into the hobby? I can understand wanting good tech workers for the old cars, certainly. But otherwise?
                  Ah, but I was so much older then
                  I'm younger than that now....

www.autoforeignservices.com
                  autoforeign@gmail.com
                  67S's......

Comment

JP - I follow Early911registry on Instagram. Perhaps a good flow of content would help spark interest. I realize its a lot of work.

Scott

Comment

I’m 32, and I’m on my 3rd 911. My current is a 1968.

Us youths, mainly millennials, are out there in the Porsche world. Just give it some time for the finances to catch up to the interests for the masses to join in. Believe me, youths have interest in Porsches.

Comment

Also, if you want young people to come here, maybe don’t turn this thread into a rant about how useless they/we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattexplore View Post
                          Also, if you want young people to come here, maybe don’t turn this thread into a rant about how useless they/we are.
                          Ha!

Not all of them!
                          Just most of them.
                          Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Meh,

Most of them are. It's just how it is....

Comment

I don't believe anyone here has shared experiences that aren't true. (Positive or negative.) Not so much a rant as it is voicing frustration... which we have every right to do.

Anytime there's commentary regarding a broad segment of the population I believe it should be taken with a grain of salt. If the shoe fits perhaps introspection is necessary. It the comments don't apply then great!

BTW: Welcome! Thrilled to see younger 911 owners here.
                              Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Don't worry my generation heard even worse from our elders.It's a generational thing.
                                Hope you will continue driving our cars long after we are gone!

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X