X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things Frank and I agree on:
    Love of Porsches; going round in circles as fast as we can; cynicism; dislike of brown cars, even a bit of anarchism.
    Things we disagree on, Scottsdale when its hot, Targas, and some idealogical items. Yet we can discuss all these things energetically with respect. It would be much better with a Tequila in one hand and a cigar in the other.
    The world gets really boring if everyone agrees. JP enjoys the sparks!

P.S. Really Frank, teachers=child predators? (except for boarding school)

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
      Things Frank and I agree on:
      Love of Porsches; going round in circles as fast as we can; cynicism; dislike of brown cars, even a bit of anarchism.
      Things we disagree on, Scottsdale when its hot, Targas, and some idealogical items. Yet we can discuss all these things energetically with respect. It would be much better with a Tequila in one hand and a cigar in the other.
      The world gets really boring if everyone agrees. JP enjoys the sparks!

P.S. Really Frank, teachers=child predators? (except for boarding school)
      Amen to that David!
      However, I'm not a fan of Scottsdale either when its hot but it does burn off a heavy layer of snow birds.

I can't imagine you're on Twitter but if you are look up Libs of TokTok and watch some of the absolute whackadoodles teaching children. You won't believe it.
      And without a doubt JP loves fireworks and friction! Kindred spirits.
      Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
      Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post
        I dislike the word "mentor". I think it's a too-narrow description most of the time. But I have a friend, a very smart, uber-successful businessman, who over dinner once asked me what I did for fun, I told him that, for me, fun was doing anything that required working with my hands. When I asked him the same question he took a long sip of his drink, leaned forward in his chair, and looked me directly in the eye, "I like to get smart people in a confined space and rub them together likes sticks of kindling".

Ok, then.

Comment

Amen to that David!
          However, I'm not a fan of Scottsdale either when its hot but it does burn off a heavy layer of snow birds.

I can't imagine you're on Twitter but if you are look up Libs of TokTok and watch some of the absolute whackadoodles teaching children. You won't believe it.
          Frank, Not on twitter or TikTok, but I have my kids ?

Comment

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok

One of my favorite 5 minutes every day.

*disclaimer* I DO NOT think these whackjobs are representative of the democratic party as a whole (and I'm a registered democrat). But I do think they are representative of the the difficulties democrats are going to have winning future elections in a center-right country if they continue to allow this small segment of the party to have such an outsized voice.
            Last edited by Keller; 04-28-2022, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keller View Post
              https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok

One of my favorite 5 minutes every day.

*disclaimer* I DO NOT think these whackjobs are representative of the democratic party as a whole (and I'm a registered democrat). But I do think they are representative of the difficulties democrats are going to have winning future elections in a center-right country if they continue to allow this small segment of the party to have such an outsized voice.
              Being on the blue team, you're a brave man posting that. It's truly a freak show that will help GOP go Scorched Earth this November. I understand your frustration that these mentally ill people don't "rep your party" but because they're so loud and brazen they actually are leading your party.

The proof?

Democrats in large numbers are not condemning their actions; they just sit silent on the sidelines.
              Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
              Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Being on the blue team, you're a brave man posting that.
                I like to think I'm a Bill Maher type of liberal. I can laugh at absurdity on both sides of the aisle.

Comment

More from Mr. Musk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	elone2.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	925

Comment

There should be more than two parties. "woke progressives" on the left and "Qanon types on the right. The two parties talk a big game argue about social issues to rouse up their bases, but major policy issues there is little divergence.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                      There should be more than two parties. "woke progressives" on the left and "Qanon types on the right. The two parties talk a big game argue about social issues to rouse up their bases, but major policy issues there is little divergence.
                      There are more than two parties....

The problem is, America has essentially always been a two party system from the A.R. to present. I don't really expect anything to change. Personally, I am more of a libertarian myself, however, I know that they have a snowball's chance of actually winning so I tend to lean more conservative as they are the party that more aligns to my views on small government, taxation, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sebaroher View Post
                        The problem is, America has essentially always been a two party system from the A.R. to present. I don't really expect anything to change. Personally, I am more of a libertarian myself, however, I know that they have a snowball's chance of actually winning so I tend to lean more conservative as they are the party that more aligns to my views on small government, taxation, etc etc.
                        Me too. There are times I could very easily see myself as a Libertarian. Unfortunately, in our system any vote that isn't an R or a D is just being thrown away.

Comment

Musk always makes me think of the movie "Aviator". I hope life is kinder to him than that.
                          John Audette
                          www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

i met Elon at the Moscone center in S.F. he displayed the sports car. i went early in the day. opened the door to the Moscone center and walked down the stairs and at the bottom of the stairs was the car. there was no one there except for the people that worked there.
                            It was apparent that i wanted the eclectic car to succeed...
                            I surveyed the car and made my remarks to one of the workers...
                            the most obvious "flaw' was that there was a window channel that when the window was rolled down remained up and stuck out in an awkward way...
                            i was insistent that a roadster should not have such a thing protruding out of the door. and that to succeed the car had to appeal to the "car people' and fit and finish was necessary.
                            the worker then went and got Elon to talk to me...
                            it was just Elon and me standing around the car talking for about 15 minutes...
                            I asked him not to do the pocket protector type thinking that would kill enthusiast interest in the car.
                            Not to make the car look like a blind mole (obviously he did that anyway on one of his models)
                            he told me that the reason for the awkward window channel was because they were able to use the windows from the donor car.
                            i believe the reason he tolerated me was because i was so enthusiastic about the bigger picture...
                            as to twitter..... Elon is on the correct path with eliminating bots...
                            misinformation is believed when it appears that others accept it.
                            Voltaire - "those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Comment

Found this interview to be interesting. Seems Elon is into 997's
                              https://fb.watch/cNpz6QiI_B/

Comment

Originally posted by sebaroher View Post
                                Found this interview to be interesting. Seems Elon is into 997's
                                https://fb.watch/cNpz6QiI_B/
                                The last minute when JR is talking about the effect driving an old 911 has on his brain is very true and one of the reasons why I love these cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X