X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elon Musk

Curious as to everyone's thoughts about Mr. Musk. Personally, I've gone from being completely dismissive of him to an unabashed admirer. I probably disagree with him politically as much as I agree with him but I admire his brashness and the fact that he is unafraid to say EXACTLY what's on his mind. My wife says that he is who I will be if I ever get my hands on a billion dollars (unlikely at this late date).

This is my favorite story of the week:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...a-short-2022-4

Ad this is a close runner up.

https://interestingengineering.com/e...-tesla-twitter

I don't know what it is about Bill Gates that makes me want to go back to high school and stuff him in a trash can but the feeling is strong.
    JP
    aka LiveFromNY
    Last edited by JP; 04-25-2022, 12:24 AM.

following his activities for several years now...met/saw/shook hands with him once...
    love the space x,neuralink,etc stuff
    his way of questioning things/solving problems is very inspiring to me...

but i`m afraid it is only a matter of time before his genius turns into self-destructive madness
    moito
    tu felix austria
    Last edited by moito; 04-25-2022, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Couldn’t agree more JP. His Tweet comparing Gates to the pregnant man emoji is priceless!

His takeover of Twitter would add icing to the cake for a thorough and complete beat down in the Midterms.
      Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
      Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

He is brilliant, but when you head a public company one needs to stay between the lines. The SEC has been very kind to him but he keeps pushing.
        I can't understand his obsession with twitter, oh.... of course he likes to be in the news every day.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
          I can't understand his obsession with twitter
          I think his obsession is twofold:

1. He really is an advocate for free speech.

2. $$$$$$$$ Twitter is perhaps the worst run company in big tech and has been for some time. Their monetization strategy is an absolute mess. If he gets it anywhere near the price he's offering, he's going to make a killing.

Comment

Originally posted by moito View Post
            but i`m afraid it is only a matter of time before his genius turns into self-destructive madness
            lol. I can seeing him turning into Dr. Evil for sure. It'd be fun to watch.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Comment

It’s official; Musk makes a deal and heads explode.
              Should be very entertaining to watch over the next few months.
              Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
              Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

I can't believe it happened so quickly. What I would have given to be a fly on the wall during those board discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

I think his obsession is twofold:

1. He really is an advocate for free speech.

2. $$$$$$$$ Twitter is perhaps the worst run company in big tech and has been for some time. Their monetization strategy is an absolute mess. If he gets it anywhere near the price he's offering, he's going to make a killing.
                  At 43 times earnings the price seems a bit high , yes badly run and the board members are incompetent and don't even own stock from what I see.
                  I'ld like to know how much of his Tesla stock he had to leverage, it could end up being a bad move for him unless he can quickly monetize it. User base is tiny compared to Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or Google.

Comment

Such an advocate for free speech, I just saw on Bloomberg that the Fisker CEO's account vanished from twitter. Must have hired Chuck as a moderator.

Comment

At 43 times earnings the price seems a bit high , yes badly run and the board members are incompetent and don't even own stock from what I see.
                      I'ld like to know how much of his Tesla stock he had to leverage, it could end up being a bad move for him unless he can quickly monetize it. User base is tiny compared to Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or Google.
                      Word is he took a $12.5B loan against his Tesla stock.

Yes, Twitter's user base is tiny compared to others. But their media reach and influence is much higher than any other social site. It will be interesting to see if he can capitalize on that without alienating the users. He certainly can't do any worse than the people running it now.

Comment

Such an advocate for free speech, I just saw on Bloomberg that the Fisker CEO's account vanished from twitter. Must have hired Chuck as a moderator.
                        lol.

Yep. I just saw that Fisker deleted his account. So weird how some people behave.

Comment

I don't particularly care for Elon or his tweets but I do agree that twitter has gone too far with their banning and such. If he fixes that maybe I'll change my mind.

Comment

Moving to Austin from South Florida I am most stoked about Elon Musk investing in this city at such a staggering rate for Boring company, Tesla, SpaceX. So happy he stepped up to deal with Twitter mob. Not political view -- just think he is the ultimate do-er and proponent for free speech.

Comment

Is free speech a good thing when the contents of such speech are just outright divisive lies that promotion of hate? I am a fan of Musk's can do attitude. I do worry about unfiltered rhetoric that pits different groups of people against each other on false pretense.

Comment

Working...
                              X