Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A place for the cars with the overhead cam 4 cylinder engines.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post
    Really? Is this the place for collections?
    Well, it's your thread... should I do this here? It may be pollyanna on my part but I think that people should pay for their parts.. what do you think? Crap like this means I can't just send an invoice with the parts.. I need to get payment first.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

I agree that people should pay for the things they order. But why post it here. Aren't there more appropriate places on this site to post a grievance then here?
      Eric,
      Anything I've ordered from you I've paid for. I see you pulled the name of the other person. And I'm not him.
      Chris Pomares
      2.4L
      Last edited by Chris Pomares; 09-16-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

You have been looking at my signature!!!!!!!
        Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

What is your signature? I don't even know what that is.
          And why are we doing this on this thread. I give up. Peace.

Comment

I put the pop back into the hood release. I have 3 springs and they’re all tired. So I doubled up. I think I’ll look for a stronger spring.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4876.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.4 KB ID:	11773
            Chris Pomares
            2.4L
            Last edited by Chris Pomares; 09-17-2023, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Sorry Eric. My mistake for being uninformed. I apologize.
              Eric sent me a nice email trying to bring me up to speed on how I misunderstood his signature.
              Thanks Eric.

Comment

Unlike last year we are a little light on snow for the ski season so far. On the positive side I'm getting to go for a few drives in December. It's an early Christmas present!
                I buzzed around on some nice dry roads between Golden and Boulder. The low sun angle really highlighted the foot hills. That's Longs Peak off to the right with a little snow on it. It's a 14'er.

1/4/2024. I made another run on 1/1/2024. It looks like winter is about to finally show up. It's been fun while it lasted.
                Attached Files
                Chris Pomares
                2.4L
                Last edited by Chris Pomares; 01-04-2024, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Interesting Club. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4307 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	12234 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4307 - Copy - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	12235
                  https://chrsn-de.translate.goog/?_x_...n&_x_tr_pto=sc
                  I'm not on face book, CHRSN is. Check it out and tell me what's on there.
                  Chris Pomares
                  2.4L
                  Last edited by Chris Pomares; 01-04-2024, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
                    Well, it's your thread... should I do this here? It may be pollyanna on my part but I think that people should pay for their parts.. what do you think? Crap like this means I can't just send an invoice with the parts.. I need to get payment first.
                    I comprehend how you feel. It is reasonable to request payment beforehand, particularly when dealing with large sums of money or new people. It is critical that you protect yourself from any scams or nonpayment. It is usually advisable to set clear payment conditions and procedures to ensure a seamless and secure transaction process.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post
                      Thanks haul. I appreciate the nice words. I would love to see some pictures of your project. If your POLO is a 2.4 you should see power somewhere in this range.
                      I think mine make a littles more as my 993 heads are ported and flow half way between a stock 993 and a 3.8RS head. Dean put them on a flow bench along with a stock head and a 3.8RS head. The heads also have titanium valves for whatever that's worth. This engine is a 2.4 with stock 993 heads and it topped out at 186 hp.
                      Thanks for sharing, and I'm impressed by your project! The attention to detail, from the ported 993 heads to the titanium valves, speaks volumes. Your meticulous approach on the flow bench with comparisons to stock and 3.8RS heads is commendable.
                      Last edited by Saathi77; 03-14-2024, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. As much as I would like to take credit for the info on the heads, Dean the engine builder took the time to measure what the heads flow.
                        www.polomotor.com

Comment

Some gauges John Bell is working on for the 69 912 2.7 POLO. PR ESS will be changed to PRESS.
                          Attached Files

Comment

1967 Porsche 912 Restomod in Signal Yellow Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3868.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	12601

Comment

Finally getting color on my 1967 Porsche 912 body.
                              car has extensive chassis, suspension , transmission, and engine upgrades (Polo 2.5 liter engine)

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (13) - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	12608 Jeff,
                                That car is going to be awesome. I've enjoyed our talks on the phone. 250hp 2CAM4 with all the upgrades will be like my car on steroids. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project. My car is a 912 Super. As you can see the 69 car will be another 912 Super with maybe 210 to 220hp. Yours might be a 912 Superfast compared to a 67S or 911R.
                                Below is Jeff's engine numbers, and below that a stock 2.4 POLO. My engine has a little more grunt than that.
                                For some, it's the S and 906 cam rush. For me torque is king.
                                Attached Files
                                Chris Pomares
                                2.4L
                                Last edited by Chris Pomares; 04-14-2024, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X