Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we attract more young people to the world of early 911's?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post

I don't believe anyone here has shared experiences that aren't true. (Positive or negative.) Not so much a rant as it is voicing frustration... which we have every right to do.

Anytime there's commentary regarding a broad segment of the population I believe it should be taken with a grain of salt. If the shoe fits perhaps introspection is necessary. It the comments don't apply then great!

BTW: Welcome! Thrilled to see younger 911 owners here.
    I’m also up in Prescott! I’m trying to learn how to do most of the work myself, but when I run into a wall I’m glad to know you’re just down the hill!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattexplore View Post

I’m also up in Prescott! I’m trying to learn how to do most of the work myself, but when I run into a wall I’m glad to know you’re just down the hill!
      Wish our shop was in Prescott this time of year. However the high temp in Phoenix is supposed to be a bit chilly today: 95.

I'm not a fan of most DIY guys (Public knowledge.) because we often have to fix their messes and they have NO IDEA what t takes to run a succesful Porsche biz but let me know if I can help.
      Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
      Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

[QUOTE=Frank Beck;n6271]
        the high temp in Phoenix is supposed to be a bit chilly today: 95.

/QUOTE]

But it's a DRY heat!

Comment

If only I were that lucky when I visited recently. We finished a Camelback hike at 10:30, to see the rangers closing the park. It was something like 113.

Scott

Comment

Could the registry create video content for a youtube channel? The question would be what type of videos would capture this demographic's attention.

Comment

I think that’s a great idea Drew.
              We could do a gear head version of Tourette’s Guy.

Obviously Bob Joyce would be a natural to play the lead.
              Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

I think that’s a great idea Drew.
                We could do a gear head version of Tourette’s Guy.

Obviously Bob Joyce would be a natural to play the lead.
                Literally my reaction when reading this!
                Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Comment

Some nice drive videos might be nice

Comment

Another type of video could be owners talking about why they love these cars and a bit of history about themselves and their car. Like Erik did for selling his Targa.

Comment

I think creating young people is step one...
                      Isn't she just the cutest!?!? Click image for larger version  Name:	20221107_214003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	8416

Comment

Obviously she takes after mom!

Well done Seb.
                        Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Obviously she takes after mom!

Well done Seb.
                          Thanks Frank!

Rusty says: "Soccer balls and Hazet wrenches for birthdays!"

I couldn't agree more

Comment

Try taking a shot at a video. I wanted to post it to the porsche subreddit but they don't allow advertisements so it back fired a little. I was trying to add a bit of education in there for people who don't know early cars so yall will probably be bored by it. I am not an expert so I am sure there are some mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06C...channel=Druepy

Comment

• Frank Beck
                              Frank Beck
                              Banned
                              Frank Beck commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Drew, I liked the video but confused as to why you kept referring to the '64 911 as a '65? A '64 can command $1M; 1965 cars can't even come close.
                              Using production date and serial number is the historical norm to distinguish between the two models and it's important for enthusiasts, collectors, and newbies to understand that.

Frank, thanks for watching the video and for the feedback. I just need to learn more about the '64 cars then. I read some info in the Red Book and only saw '65 dates on the kardex. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the video isn't getting a lot of views. Now looking at the Red Book again I see the distinction; the book labels them as 1965s but does beak out the cars built in 1964 (300001-300235). I'll have to figure out how to remeed this. Maybe I will re-upload the video with this mistake fixed.

Comment

• Frank Beck
                              Frank Beck
                              Banned
                              Frank Beck commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Great. I applaud the effort and execution except for that glitch. You present very well as a commentator. Is this part of your vocation?

That's very nice but no. Engineer by day, novice video maker by night. I edited the video and reuploaded to fix the issue.

Comment

Working...
                            X