X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom f2 View Post
    anyone know the exact name of the business?
    john esposito porsche restorations
    dba john esposito porsche
    dba espo resto, a c

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post
      Welcome Lars!
      I will never understand why your username is your favorite evening wear.
      Frank...you promised

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

john esposito porsche restorations
        dba john esposito porsche
        dba espo resto, a c
        Amazing given their high-profile in the Porsche world that there hasn't been a major story on this in any of the Porsche magazines. Looks like a lot of people got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven S. RUFRS View Post

Agreed. NOW...let'w discuss THIS ONE: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-911s-coupe-7/

First item to catch my EYE: the name John Esposito.
          Only up to $100k with a day to go. This one is going to need a strong final day run.

Comment

On this car can we just fire the VIN guy.... Fake new door VIN tag installed backwards.... front VIN tag badly restamped and in the entirely wrong section of the tag... I wont go deeper when I see silly stuff like that I just tune out.

Comment

Originally posted by CVLC View Post
              On this car can we just fire the VIN guy.... Fake new door VIN tag installed backwards.... front VIN tag badly restamped and in the entirely wrong section of the tag... I wont go deeper when I see silly stuff like that I just tune out.
              That's just weird. Who goes to all the trouble of restoring a car to this level and misses those details?

Comment

LOTS of details missed. An MG or Skoda mechanic assembled this car. Check out the right side threshold plate. Forget that they didn't use plastic rivets... why would they drill new holes?

This may be a great opportunity if buyers actually did their homework. All of the barnacles and warts can be fixed.
                Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
                Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-911s-coupe-7/

$214,412 plus $5,000 in fees. So just short of $220k. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-911s-coupe-7/

$214,412 plus $5,000 in fees. So just short of $220k. Thoughts?
                    yes, no IDEA how this car fetched that $$$$.....so many incorrect things....it looked to me like the entire front end was replaced, and it probably was. And where were all the comments pulling this guys covers? I don't get it....
                    Steven S. RUFRS
                    2.0L
                    Last edited by Steven S. RUFRS; 05-04-2022, 04:11 PM.
                    Formerly, 69Sman, now RuF RS.
                    Bahia Red 72S
                    PTS Meerblau 991.2 Speedster
                    Audi RS6 Avant (Daily.)
                    INCOMING: PTS Black Olive 992 GT3 w WING and PDK

Comment

I've wasted too much time following a few of these auctions. Occasionally I'll comment but usually get blasted as being a naysayer and bringing down the mood of the thing by pointing out obvious errors. It seems there are quite a few followers who are self appointed cheerleaders and add comments such as stunning, will bring all the money, beautiful restoration etc. It's the blind leading the blind. In some cases the buyers and kibitzers deserve each other if the only home work or research on the car is what's offered in the comments.
                      Steve Shea
                      2.0L
                      Last edited by Steve Shea; 05-04-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Shea View Post
                        It seems there are quite a few followers who are self appointed cheerleaders and add comments such as stunning, will bring all the money, beautiful restoration etc
                        And after every single auction... "What a STEAL!!!"

Comment

And don't even get me started on the adoring fan boys for certain sellers. Ugh...
                          Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Fresh meat.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911t-targa-25/

All-time great color but a re-list from last year when the car was beaten up pretty badly. Looks like some of the details were addressed but car still has needs. Could any of us live with an orange gas tank?

Comment

BAT is pot luck. Some nice cars get no attention or low bids and some crappy cars go for big money. Most anything that NWstig sells goes for big money. So too Driver Source in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                              BAT is pot luck. Some nice cars get no attention or low bids and some crappy cars go for big money. Most anything that NWstig sells goes for big money. So too Driver Source in Houston.
                              More like Russian Roulette David. I brought a brilliant '98 993 to BaT in '18 with 1300 original miles that a couple of douchebags trolled me on. Literally cost me 10-15k. BaT Gestapo did nothing.

What I now believe to be true?

It really doesn't matter how honest, trustworthy, or knowledgeable a seller is; what often determines the ultimate outcome is how popular the seller is and how many estrogen-rich fan boys rave and swoon over the offering. Their unwillingness to simply be objective with their comments is pathetic.

Don't get me wrong! Many of these sellers are fantastic and have earned every bit of their reputation.
                              Frank Beck
                              Banned
                              Last edited by Frank Beck; 05-12-2022, 05:22 AM.
                              Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Working...
                              X