Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you might have a buyer already Eric. I'm rooting for you JP.

Comment

Eric- your car looks stunning, and I trust it will do very well. I was surprised at the 69S targa that ended RNM yesterday at $99k.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by 67sSoftWindow View Post
        Sounds like you might have a buyer already Eric. I'm rooting for you JP.
        Let's not get too excited. I'm still looking for my first BaT win. I'm wondering if I'm catching that cheap thing from Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
          This one seems to be heading up quickly, still days left.
          https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ign=2022-05-07
          Sold @ $185k plus $5k fees.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

Let's not get too excited. I'm still looking for my first BaT win. I'm wondering if I'm catching that cheap thing from Frank.
            JP, please stop putting me on a pedestal!!!

No shame in value shopping... unless that trait causes one to miss the party. (Waiting for the "right" deal will result in a severe brain injury.) The challenge with BaT is finding that gold nugget that's still got dirt around it. Most BaT cars/things sell for more than market pricing.

The majority of BaT auctions remind me of a timeshare presentation. The big room with lots of sales people, bright colors, balloons & streamers, fun decor, and The Mark. When a sale is made the lead con man claps & shouts, sirens go off, and people cheer the mark for making the dumbest financial decision of their life. Sorry; the party atmosphere of BaT is not conducive to negotiating a strong buy.

Aside from dumb luck from buying an unremarkable car during a rising tide the best way to get a deal is just like buying any other car. Perform due diligence behind the scenes. If a bidder actually believes a bunch of strangers with no financial stake can properly vet a car by looking at 500 photos, I've got a timeshare to sell you.

If one insists on buying a car on BaT, look for Mary Ann, not Ginger.
            Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
            Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Frank - I think you absolutely nailed it with your description. From a pure entertainment value though the BAT comment section is hard beat. I did post my first comment on BAT on that 71S that just sold for 185K which JP posted about above. Car was missing the entire front oil cooler and shield and that just piped it back into itself

Comment

• flatsixer
              flatsixer
              aka rstarga
              flatsixer commented
              Editing a comment
              Not to mention the horns hanging down and both on the same side, and the kinked hose replacement trombone cooler.

And at the other end of the spectrum...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-porsche-911s-10/

68S being sold by one of our own. Project car and the seller is being super-candid about the needs/issues. Interesting. I'm guessing it does better than I'd normally expect.

Comment

And at the other end of the spectrum...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-porsche-911s-10/

68S being sold by one of our own. Project car and the seller is being super-candid about the needs/issues. Interesting. I'm guessing it does better than I'd normally expect.
              JP, I am hoping it does better than I expect as well.... running it No Reserve and touting it as a giant steamy pile is a risk, but it's also a lot of fun....Fingers crossed that someone will see a shiny Tangerine 1968 911S Targa under that god awful yellow and horrific "updates"!

I did offer a free admission to "Porsche Heaven" for whoever buys and restores this car for righting an egregious wrong. What is eternal life worth to you? Factor that into your bid

Can't wait to head back to the shop on Monday and pull the batwing off the wood wheel to see if I can find a decipherable date code....

Comment

This one is off and running.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-911s-15/

Comment

JP, you beat me to the punch, that's MY very special 72S....
                  Formerly, 69Sman, now RuF RS.
                  Bahia Red 72S
                  PTS Meerblau 991.2 Speedster
                  Audi RS6 Avant (Daily.)
                  INCOMING: PTS Black Olive 992 GT3 w WING and PDK

Comment

Originally posted by Steven S. RUFRS View Post

Looks like a great car. You know we'll all be watching.

You're not leaving the early 911 world, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Steven S. RUFRS View Post

Very special is right! I remember this car from the 90s when it was very quick at some Northeast Region PCA autocross events. I think that Paul Tosi drove it a few times at these events, the dentist or his son some others.
                      Former British Leyland mechanic, remember them?
                      Long Beach, CA

Comment

Looks like a great car. You know we'll all be watching.

You're not leaving the early 911 world, are you?
                        Ha! NOT a chance....taking a temporary reprieve and regroup, with something special on the way, albeit a BIT newer....
                        Bahia Red 72S
                        Audi RS6 Avant (Daily.)

Comment

well, an incoming black olive gt3 is quite a nice substitute……we need to see this when you receive the keys..
                          erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Originally posted by haul View Post
                            well, an incoming black olive gt3 is quite a nice substitute……we need to see this when you receive the keys..
                            Yes, thanks, I will post pics! Anxiously awaiting!
                            Bahia Red 72S
                            Audi RS6 Avant (Daily.)

Comment

Working...
                            X