X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John .... I think i am closer to the 4th phase than most
    and cant wait to wake up and dunk a basketball..........

Comment

frank i don't need to prove to anyone that i am honorable

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post

Really? What is your source for that horrendous accusation?
        John, Seriously?
        Where have YOU been?

In a hurry but this was the first of many articles I stumbled across. I'm not qualifying this particular news outlet but it won't be difficult for you to verify the info yourself. The practice by school districts is more common than you apparently realize.
        Outright perversion. If you disagree then it's no wonder such a large chasm exists on the spectrum of morality in this country.

Illinois School District to Teach Preschoolers About ‘Sexual Orientation’ and ‘Gender Identity’ - Daily Citizen (focusonthefamily.com)

My point is Why aren't Democrats by and large condemning this behavior by school districts?
        Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
        Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bullethead View Post
          JP
          aka LiveFromNY
          JP, there's a good reason to exclude politics and religion from websites. I'm out.
          Sorry to hear that, Russ, and I hope you'll reconsider as I genuinely believe you have much to contribute here.

As for politics/religion, I have to disagree and it's one of the reasons many of us ended up here. It's also part of the price of success. There are a multitude of thriving Porsche forums that do not expressly forbid political or religious content (Rennlist, Pelican). There is one that does (the ESR) and it is slowly dying.

This forum is intended to be community moderated and, with the exception of content expressly banned by our T&C (racist, threatening, violating another's privacy, etc.) it's the community, including YOU, that will decide if a post should be moderated. At the bottom of every post is a "flag" button and if enough people flag a post as unacceptable, it will disappear. Rather than leave a place where you're wanted, I hope that you'll become part of the solution and help us determine what is and what is not acceptable to this new community as opposed to a single person dictating what's acceptable or unacceptable.

Also, just for anyone who may not know.

1. These conversations will only appear in Off Topic. Had it erupted anywhere else, it would have been quickly moved. If you're only interested in Porsche information, Off Topic is the one forum you should probably not visit.

2. Every user has the ability to ignore another user if they wish. Just go to the bottom of the following page, enter a person's username in your ignore list, and it will be as if they never existed:

https://early911registry.com/forums/settings/account

For everyone else taking part, I appreciate that we can have these difficult and sometimes emotional discussions while remembering that we're all still car guys and I, for one, take every post as a learning opportunity even when I disagree. When I do disagree, I hope each of you will do your best to change my mind and convince me that you're right and that I'm wrong. For me, that's an opportunity to be a better and more informed person and one for which I'm grateful.

PS: Frank my brother, mainstream Democrats are not pedophiles but I can ask my parents to clarify if you'd like.
          JP
          aka LiveFromNY
          Last edited by JP; 06-27-2022, 04:25 PM.

Comment

The "Daily Citizen"??? I guess I am out of it. I missed that one as one of my authoritative news sources. OK, I'm using every ounce of will power and, as I stated earlier, I'm out. It's not healthy to read this stuff.

Bye,
            John
            John Audette
            www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bullethead View Post
              Astonishing. Thought this was gonna be a welcome place for old Porsche enthusiasts. I was wrong.

Sorry
              JP
              aka LiveFromNY
              JP, there's a good reason to exclude politics and religion from websites. I'm out.
              I've been sitting silent for quite a while reading through this and re-reading it over the past few days... I'm a bit of a process person...

I don't identify as republican or democrat... I have voted for each party since the 80s - the first time I could vote (Reagan that time, sometimes democrat after, sometimes republican)... I vote in every election, no matter where in the world I am - I live overseas, frequently travel for work, and have to mail in my ballot... I consider myself to be a centrist, I don't really lean left or right, and try to look at each issue on its own - unless there is no way to not connect it to another issue(s)... I usually find that, like most I gravitate toward like minded people, and away from hard left or right folks... human nature I suppose... path of least resistance... but I am almost always open to varying viewpoints... I'll hold my hand up and admit if I think or realize I was wrong or in error... I have learned that delivers the best outcomes in my life... especially at work, and certainly with my wife...

There are a lot of issues in the world... and a lot of opinions about them...

BUT... I come to these forums because I love Porsches, and really value the collective knowledge, camaraderie and enthusiasm that is here... and seeing what others are doing with Porsches, selling, etc... I don't post on forums really... but I saw that this site was to find them and register them all... nice vision... so I came, and it looked kind of cool... don't know the history of others re: bans, falling out with other forums, etc... and I started to register all the cars I've had, and a post about my life with Porsche, which I know is all over the place, but I caveated it up front... I started it on Pelican... and went back and forth with JP whether or not to add it here, and decided to do so, and see how it went... It is fun for me to come here and fun for me to post, and remember my life and how it has evolved with Porsches... Some great memories...

I wish I never clicked on this thread... But there is no reverse gear in life... One can't "unsee" what one has seen... I knew it had the potential to be divisive, but my human nature led me to click and read... and be mostly saddened by what I read...

For me, a democracy will mean a compromise... hopefully in the middle-ground... sometimes a little left, and sometimes a little right, but to mainly walk the center... That means most of time, most people are NOT going to be 100% happy with the decisions or outcomes, but the elected officials are supposed to be "the reasonable people" that reach across the isle and collaborate and compromise, and ultimately bring us all forward on a better path... Not game the system or manipulate it in their favour... That has been happening less and less... or not at all for far too long... By both parties... and that in that process, while people may not be 100% happy, it is a compromise... but most people want to "win" and not "lose", me included, and unfortunately these issues are painted as winning or losing... vs. looking for the compromise... my grandfather had a saying I can't forget... "As it is vulgar to exalt in triumph, it is unmanly to bow to adversity"... He didn't talk much... WW2 vet and just was a very quiet guy... so when he did say something, I paid attention... I try to remember and live by it...

I agree with Bullethead on this... there is a good reason to exclude politics and religion... probably the two most controversial and divisive topics in the world...

@JP... a noble try... I work in the software space, and the motto is "fail fast", learn and pivot... this may be one of those moments for this forum... something to consider... As for me, I won't be clicking this thread anymore... and I will process my thoughts on next steps re: participating in this platform...

My very best regards to all
              D

Comment

The "Daily Citizen"??? I guess I am out of it. I missed that one as one of my authoritative news sources. OK, I'm using every ounce of will power and, as I stated earlier, I'm out. It's not healthy to read this stuff.

Bye,
                John
                John,

Not healthy to read truth?!
                I offered a caveat; I would encourage you to do your own due diligence.

Oldest one in the play book is to discredit the source RATHER than the information itself. Please prove me wrong with facts. Thanks.
                Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

oh frank....your poor sole has been had
                  That daily citizen piece you referenced is a false flag piece put forward by religious shills profiteering off your desire to try to make sense of the world.
                  i think you are a good guy but i believe you have been led down a rabbit hole that has distorted you perception.
                  stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post

John,

Not healthy to read truth?!
                    I offered a caveat; I would encourage you to do your own due diligence.

Oldest one in the play book is to discredit the source RATHER than the information itself. Please prove me wrong with facts. Thanks.
                    Sorry Frank. You're going to have to find someone else to play with. I'm out. I've unsubscribed from this thread.
                    John Audette
                    www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

PS: Frank my brother, mainstream Democrats are not pedophiles but I can ask my parents to clarify if you'd like.
                      JP, Of course I don't believe the vast majority of Democrats honestly believe pedophilia is ok but until they personally condemn the actions of these school boards there is guilt by association. That's a horrible default position to take.

I muse at the feigned outrage here. It's called "Off Topic" for a reason guys!
                      Don't get so banged up and act so surprised that someone vehemently disagrees with your worldview! lol

dwa911, I come here mainly for Off Topic. I talk, breath, smell, and fart Porsches 60+ hours a week so candidly they get very boring. Off Topic is pure oxygen for me. Since you're checking out of this thread I'll be sure to send this in a PM as well.

Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Originally posted by dwa911 View Post
                        @JP... a noble try... I work in the software space, and the motto is "fail fast", learn and pivot... this may be one of those moments for this forum... something to consider... As for me, I won't be clicking this thread anymore... and I will process my thoughts on next steps re: participating in this platform...
                        Certainly hope you'll stick around and you know how much I enjoy your participation.

That said, people are going to have to put on their big boy pants and be responsible for themselves. This isn't a profit-making enterprise or even a fake charity. This is a money-losing forum (and my money) created as a home for everyone who disagrees with the idea of one-man rule and wants to be part of a community that relfects a diversity of viewpoints and a wide spectrum of values. Except for violations of our terms and conditions, I will not moderate posts based on my own politics (mostly conservative) or my own religious views (mostly not religious but wishing everyone would admit that the 10 commandments are at least a very good idea). Nor will I moderate posts based on a someone else's opinion of what is or is not political, religious, or otherwise acceptable or unacceptable. It's against my free speech principles, it's bad for the future of these forums, and I simply do not have the time.

I would encourage everyone to review our abbreviated terms and conditions and remember that it's up to each of you to decide if you want to view the Off Topic forum and threads. Ignoring these posts is a simple as not clicking but once you click, that's on you.

Lastly, if anyone here really wants to be part of the solution, then use the flag-a-post feature and help this become the place that the community wants it to be. The long term success or failure of this site is up to each of you. I hope you'll be a part of that process.
                        JP
                        aka LiveFromNY
                        Last edited by JP; 06-27-2022, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post
                          JP, Of course I don't believe the vast majority of Democrats honestly believe pedophilia is ok but until they personally condemn the actions of these school boards there is guilt by association. That's a horrible default position to take.
                          The hole in your thinking is that the vast majority of democrats (and republicans) aren't paying attention that closely. The vast majority of them are too busy worrying about inflation, gas prices, the future of their kids and grandkids, and other issues affecting their day-to-day lives to dig deep and discover the issues you're talking about (which are both real and sometimes exaggerated depending on what news source you're reading). Most mainstream democrats have never heard about Loudoun County or drag queens in elementary schools and I'd bet my house that most of them would place those issues on a scale somewhere between concerning and horrifying. You can blame the media for not reporting it, blame society for allowing our citizens to believe that this country runs itself without their involvement, blame our politicians for refusing to treat us like grown-ups, hell, blame me if it makes anyone feel better. But I won't blame mainstream democrats for refusing to condemn something of which they are unaware.

Comment

Sorry Frank. You're going to have to find someone else to play with. I'm out. I've unsubscribed from this thread.
                            A perfect and grown-up solution. Thanks, John.

Comment

The hole in your thinking is that the vast majority of democrats (and republicans) aren't paying attention that closely. The vast majority of them are too busy worrying about inflation, gas prices, the future of their kids and grandkids, and other issues affecting their day-to-day lives to dig deep and discover the issues you're talking about (which are both real and sometimes exaggerated depending on what news source you're reading). Most mainstream democrats have never heard about Loudoun County or drag queens in elementary schools and I'd bet my house that most of them would place those issues on a scale somewhere between concerning and horrifying. You can blame the media for not reporting it, blame society for allowing our citizens to believe that this country runs itself without their involvement, blame our politicians for refusing to treat us like grown-ups, hell, blame me if it makes anyone feel better. But I won't blame mainstream democrats for refusing to condemn something of which they are unaware.
                              JP, ignorance has consequences and we're all responsible on some level for what we don't know. Much of what you're describing is an intentional truth and fact avoidance. This IS America where there's plenty of leisure time and resources to search out objective truth.

BTW: All of those things you mentioned that "most people are concerned with" are directly related to news and politics. As citizens it's our obligation to know the truth.

Goof stuff.
                              I'll miss John A. on this.
                              Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Certainly hope you'll stick around and you know how much I enjoy your participation.

That said, people are going to have to put on their big boy pants and be responsibel for themselves. This isn't a profit-making enterprise or even a fake charity. This is a money-losing forum (and my money) created for everyone who disagrees with the idea of one-man rule and wants to be part of a community that relfects a diversity of viewpoints and a wide spectrum of values. Except for violations of our terms and conditions, I will not moderate posts based on my own politics (mostly conservative) or my own religious views (mostly not religious but wishing everyone would admit that the 10 commandments are at least a very good idea). Nor will I moderate posts based on a someone else's opinion of what is or is not political, religious, or otherwise acceptable or unacceptable. It's against my free speech principles, it's bad for the future of these forums, and I simply do not have the time.

I would encourage everyone to review our abbreviated terms and conditions and remember that it's up to each of you to decide if you want to view the Off Topic forum and threads. Ignoring these posts is a simple as not clicking but once you click, that's on you.

Lastly, if anyone here really wants to be part of the solution, then use the flag-a-post feature and help this become the place that the community wants it to be. The long term success or failure of this site is up to each of you. I hope you'll be a part of that process.
                                Can't believe I've been missing all the fun!

@JP...

I'll just say this,

I've already outed myself as a liberal so I'll take it for granted that you and I probably have our disagreements. But one thing I agree with is your hands-off moderation policy and your decision to let the community decide what's ok and what isn't ok for ourselves. With you being the person who holds all the power, you could very easily moderate views you don't agree with out of existence and the fact that you don't speaks highly of your principles and your integrity. HUGE admiration for that and I, for one, will be sticking around to be part of the solution. I'm loving these new forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X