Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John, I would love to hear your opinion as to why Heather wrote that diatribe.
    Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
    Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Good lawd
      Left of Center ?
      Article was pure projection. Jan 6 ? Alex Jones ? Both are non issues
      Yet no mention of Hunter, Afghanistan, oil prices, inflation, incompetence of both installed Pres & VP........I could go on forever

Comment

I did it!

Comment

Please post a similar "diatribe" from the right. Heather's essay was written though blue colored lenses but it was factual and intelligent. I would love something similar written through red colored lenses.
          John Audette
          www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
            Please post a similar "diatribe" from the right. Heather's essay was written though blue colored lenses but it was factual and intelligent. I would love something similar written through red colored lenses.
            Again... why did she write that? What was the goal of her expressing that?
            Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

There you go again Frank. I've told you already that my clairvoyant skills have weakened with age. How can I know what is in someone's mind? I don't know her personally but I have followed her for a long time as I really like she compares modern events to historic events.
              jaudette3
              Really?
              Last edited by jaudette3; 08-04-2022, 03:50 PM.
              John Audette
              www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

How would you honestly claim something with as much bias as that paper as "factual?"

Comment

There you go again Frank. I've told you already that my clairvoyant skills have weakened with age. How can I know what is in someone's mind? I don't know her personally but I have followed her for a long time as I really like she compares modern events to historic events.
                John, as I said, I just want your opinion as to why you believe she wrote that. Based on your life experience, perspective, and what you know about her.

This question is more about you than her.
                Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

OK. I think that she was connecting dots, doing synthesis. She usually writes about one issue at a time, and she usually references history. Judging by her writing I get the impression that she is appalled by the Republican's maneuvers over the past many years, and based on her knowledge of American history (her specialty), I think she genuinely believes that the central goal of many of them (the Trump cult) is to overthrow American democracy. She has cited historical examples of similar movements in the past. When I think about this in a kind of non-political way, it makes sense to me. Republicans have a minority that is steadily getting worse and they just don't have platforms or policies to attract voters, so they are resorting to force. You can only go so far with suppressing voters.

I find this regretable because I believe in some values that Republicans profess to believe in (although at times I question their sincerity, as I do all politicians). For me both political parties have lost their way due to $$$. But I definitely do not believe in ending democracy and I sincerely believe that is the goal of some republicans (I'm sick of the capital R) and no democrats.

I don't have a team when it comes to politics. But I don't need one as my major team is in place.
                  jaudette3
                  Really?
                  Last edited by jaudette3; 08-04-2022, 05:13 PM. Reason: Typo's
                  John Audette
                  www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

I have a serious question. At my age I have a lot of retired friends. I met some new friends the other day and when I jokingly asked the wife if her retired husband was a nuisance she said, oh no he watches Fox all day. Which I thought explained why he seems to be a little grumpy. Do you spend a lot of time watching Fox?
                    John Audette
                    www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

I have a serious question. At my age I have a lot of retired friends. I met some new friends the other day and when I jokingly asked the wife if her retired husband was a nuisance she said, oh no he watches Fox all day. Which I thought explained why he seems to be a little grumpy. Do you spend a lot of time watching Fox?
                      Same could be said for those that watch all the others, esp CNN....

Best to get the facts and determine the events (connect the dots) for yourself. I don't need someone (Fox, or CNN, etc) telling me what to believe.

Comment

OK. I think that she was connecting dots, doing synthesis. She usually writes about one issue at a time, and she usually references history. Judging by her writing I get the impression that she is appalled by the Republican's maneuvers over the past many years, and based on her knowledge of American history (her specialty), I think she genuinely believes that the central goal of many of them (the Trump cult) is to overthrow American democracy. She has cited historical examples of similar movements in the past. When I think about this in a kind of non-political way, it makes sense to me. Republicans have a minority that is steadily getting worse and they just don't have platforms or policies to attract voters, so they are resorting to force. You can only go so far with suppressing voters.

I find this regretable because I believe in some values that Republicans profess to believe in (although at times I question their sincerity, as I do all politicians). For me both political parties have lost their way due to $$$. But I definitely do not believe in ending democracy and I sincerely believe that is the goal of some republicans (I'm sick of the capital R) and no democrats.

I don't have a team when it comes to politics. But I don't need one as my major team is in place.
                      My head is swimming... not sure where to start so I'll piece-meal it.
                      First, I appreciate you answering. It helps me understand where your confusion may come from.

Heather is so biased, she loses all cred.
                      YOU also lose cred when you use language like "the Trump cult".

John, do you not understand that you're talking about half the U.S. potentially? While I and many others don't agree with everything Trump did, he was still a much more successful and patriotic president than Biden AND it's safe to say the majority of us would vote for him again if he was the GOP nominee. Most Trump voters look past the theatrics and vote for policies and performance.

Honest question: If DeSantis is the nominee will you refer to supporters of his as The DeSantis Cult?

Overthrow American Democracy?
                      What a FREAKING JOKE! Have you actually noticed what the current administration is doing?!
                      Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

The only people that don't know that they're not in a cult are those in a cult.

I'm going to give it a rest. I have a new 10-month Cairn Terrier that likes to chase his tail and every time he does it reminds me of this forum. I don't think I've ever wasted as much time on anything as I have here. I'm going to go play with my dog.
                        John Audette
                        www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

The only people that don't know that they're not in a cult are those in a cult.

I'm going to give it a rest. I have a new 10-month Cairn Terrier that likes to chase his tail and every time he does it reminds me of this forum. I don't think I've ever wasted as much time on anything as I have here. I'm going to go play with my dog.
                          A very Democrat-type response. Throw a bomb; run away.

Have fun with your pup.
                          Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

John,

With all due respect, it's the dems that are in a cult. I watched my old supervisor talk pure crap about Trump and the Dems except Bernie. He uses a lot of your same tone, calling me and a fellow co-worker (Trump voter as well) members of a cult. We then proceeded to see our supervisor send $3k to Bernie's campaign because he was "feeling the Bern" and believed Bernie was "for the people."

Fast forward a few months from his comments towards us, the dem party stabs Bernie in the back and Biden secures the nomination from the party.

My boss throws ALL his backing behind Biden even though previously crapping on him and his policies. Continues to tell me and my coworker we are in a cult.

I think he (and perhaps yourself) should do some inner reflection as to who really is part of a "CULT.'

SeaBass

Comment

Working...
                            X