X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JP View Post

The totally misleading number routinely refetrenced by NPR and liberals. Want to revise before I correct?
    Here are their 2021 Financial statements,
    https://media.npr.org/documents/abou...0-%20S2120.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by sebaroher View Post

Does Trump pay you, or does he live in your head rent-free?
      What are you talking about Seb? Did you listen to the Podcast?

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post

Here are their 2021 Financial statements,
        https://media.npr.org/documents/abou...0-%20S2120.pdf
        Yes, as I said. Totally misleading.

NPR survives because of, in part, subscriber fees from the stations that carry their programming. Stations that survive, in part, due to federal funding and grants from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting which gets about a half-billion in taxpayer dollars every year. In effect, the CPB funnels taxpayer dollars to NPR through these stations allowing NPR to claim that misleading 1% number as "direct" funding.

Yes, NPR also recieves public, private, and state/local goverment donations and grants (also taxpayer money, btw) but without federal funding NPR would cease to exist which is why liberals fight so hard every time conservatives suggest ending their federal funding.

Comment

Please don't mess with NPR... I always need to hear a balanced view of the news..?

Comment

So here's the deal. We're living in a computer simulation being run my our ancestors several hundred years from now because they regard this is the most quirky period in history. So really nothing we do matters as it's all in the program or perhaps at the whim of a 9-year old.
            John Audette
            www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
              So here's the deal. We're living in a computer simulation being run my our ancestors several hundred years from now because they regard this is the most quirky period in history. So really nothing we do matters as it's all in the program or perhaps at the whim of a 9-year old.
              I've actually spent some time looking at this theory and it's interesting. As bizarre as it sounds, the deeper you go the more compelling it gets.

Anyone as amazed/amused as I am by the Mandela Effect?
              JP
              aka LiveFromNY
              Last edited by JP; 08-22-2022, 07:14 PM.

Comment

What are you talking about Seb? Did you listen to the Podcast?
                It means Trump hasn't been president for over 18 months now and he's still got you liberals all shook up

Comment

That are some very bright people who think it is inevitable that we are living in a simulation. I recall that Neil deGrasse Tyson does and faintly recall that Musk does also. I'm watching an interview of Demis Hassabis of DeepMind (one of the all-time computer geniuses) by Lex Fridman and where we are right now with AI is stunning. And of course AGI is opening up a whole frontier. I don't know if mainstream media is afraid of frightening the public but most folks don't have any idea of the power that is here today. It's beyond most science fiction and it's moving forward at the usual exponential pace of computer technology. To me it's the most important - and perhaps the most dangerous - issue today. I'm really amazed that so many know so little about it. Take a look at this:

https://youtu.be/J6Mdq3n6kgk

!!!!!!
                John Audette
                www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Trauma Research finds people who have a history of depression, trauma or stress, may be more likely to produce false memories. FMS ...False Memory Syndrome is yet to be classified as a mental disorder. However, ACI seems to effects many with FMS...

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

I've actually spent some time looking at this theory and it's interesting. As bizarre as it sounds, the deeper you go the more compelling it gets.

Anyone as amazed/amused as I am by the Mandela Effect?
                    malcolm Gladwell did a very interesting program on memory. It is quite common for our memories to evolve. Then for us to be convinced that this evolved memory is what actually happened.

Comment

Some of you boys must be dancing in the street:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...p2a-story.html
                      John Audette
                      www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Impressive money laundering skills.

Comment

Impressive money laundering skills.
                          You mean our foreign aide to the "war" in Ukraine?

Comment

Flatsixer, Assuming your being serious, your last post shows more then a bit of basis ...George Soros, Zuckerberg, Bezos and other left leaning donors, all have legally constituted 501c3 entities. To smear the legal establishment of one that is conservative shows poor sportsmanship!

Comment

More like impressive tax avoidance skills. The gift is in the form of corporate stock and since the recipient is a non-profit, there will no taxes due when the stock is sold. Saves hundred of millions in taxes. Then the laundering starts.
                              John Audette
                              www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Working...
                              X